Hydro-Stop vs. Gacosil roof coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro-Stop vs. Gacosil roof coating?

I am torn between these two elastomeric cool roof coatings...Hydro-Stop (acrylic) vs. Gacosil (silicone)...

Hydro-Stop is the tried and true in Hawaii, but is only offered with a 10 year warranty, while the Gacosil (which has a 50 year manufacturers warranty) is the up and coming coating that has been in Hawaii just a few years.. You talk to roofing firms (some) and they are biased one way or the other ...

Leakmaster.com's website is very good and informative/unbiased...but I am not going through them due to poor customer service follow-up...

Anybody with one or the other? I am leading towards the Gacosil roof coating...

Re: Hydro-Stop vs. Gacosil roof coating?

We tried to fix our lanai roof with SnoCoat(sp?), which soon developed leaks (if it worked at all). I don't know whether that's similar to either of the products you mention.
    Greg

Comment

No one used either one of these two specific products?

Comment

They're not interchangeable. If you don't provide the information required to make an intelligent comment, you won't get any, other than this one.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Say what?

Your comment is intelligible?

I've explained the situation in my initial post...

Comment

10 years vs. 50 years.

My Hicks home (for us country hicks, I guess) was built in the 40's or 50's, so 60-70 years old... How long do single-wall homes last? The one next door was torn down - unsalvageable. So, if I get a 50-year warranty, will the roof remain as the house falls down? I doubt I'll still be alive (at least I hope not). I guess it depends on your projections.

Dealers/installers will recommend the products they carry.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X