Skyfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyfall

Watched the movie Skyfall last week Sunday (11/11/12) at the Ward Theater.

This is a James Bond movie with Daniel Craig as 007. The movie doesn't have much into the high tech stuff James Bond uses on a mission, most of the stuff shown is sort of the usual stuff normal people would use.

The villian doesn't really want to destory the world or take it over but wants to give "M" a really hard time and then wanting to kill her, in fact the villian comes off as times as the Batman's Joker.

Re: Skyfall

Saw it yesterday at Dole, for free, and was the first time in decades I've watched a 'Hollywood' movie. As I was afraid, the theme song by Adelle was the best part, I love that theme song. But the movie, while good, just didn't pay off at any point, rather generic, not what a Bond flick is supposed to be. The villian was comparatively boring/pathetic, the movie while visually attractive never sucks you in, plus the action was similarly ho-hum and obvious. It came close a few times but always let me down as it went from scene to scene to scene, no real wow moment or interesting story line. And didn't his bullet wound go from his right to his left and back to his right? BTW, you can't slide down the center portion of the escalators in real life at the subway station as they did in one chase scene, they've blocked it off knowing some would try it. I purposely didn't compare this one with Craig to Connery, yet couldn't help to do it, but you just can't beat the suave and understated coolness of Sean and the inventive '60's Bond flix. Having the old Austin Martin show up with the famed guitar track was neat but then they never did much with it but blow it up! I was glad it wasn't full of needless blood, sex, and overt action or blaring sounds. Close, but no cigar.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; January 16, 2013, 10:01 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
    X