Vampire walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire walking

For the past week or so I have been walking around Magic Island after sunset. I was kind of suprised that there are other people who are walk around the park around that time as well. Found out that park closes at 10pm.

The walking paths are lighted but there are parts of the park that are not lighted.

I guess the reason why I go because it is cooler and I don't have to worry about putting sunscreen (hence the vampire to this thread title).

Re: Vampire walking

The park opens at 4:30 in the morning, and there are always people walking around the park beginning right about then. I usually get there at 5:30 and jump in the water just after 6:00. It's a shame they have to close the park at night, because it's pretty clear to me that people will make use of this great park whenever they're allowed to.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

When I used to train for the Honolulu Marathon, I would run at Ala Moana well before the sun came up. The park was well-lit, except for Magic Island. (They've since improved the lighting greatly.) There were lots of people walking (and running) there during the pre-dawn hours. The walking people were mostly senior citizens and they loved to heartily call out to everyone: GOOD MORNING! I think it was intended both as a warning and a greeting.

When I was into the Magic Island portion of my run, I would be running along the ill-lit path and then a hearty voice would suddenly boom from out of the darkness: GOOD MORNING! It scared the bejesus out of me! I would squint and finally see who issued the greeting, walking calmly past me, and then return the greeting. Then another ten, fifteen yards in, another GOOD MORNING! would boom from out of the darkness ahead or beside me. And so on and so forth. I ended up running scared through Magic Island, trying to make sure I wouldn't run over someone. When you're walking, you can clearly see (and hear) what's coming up. But when you're running, it appears all-of-a-sudden like. Out of the darkness. Like a vampire.

Comment

This reminds me of long ago...
        Before 1990 when my father passed away, for quite a few years, he would walk around Magic Island early(very early) mornings. So he was a vampire walking!

Always knew something was different about him. Haha!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I tend to at least walk around Magic Island once a week around evening time. Do like the cool air around that time of day.

Comment

Working...
          X