• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever noticed

Being in a place like this....

is like fishing, sometimes you get you get a nibble, sometimes you don't,

when you don't, it gets totally boring.

I wonder why that is?

People just can't give you an answer to your particular question(s)?

sometimes it takes forever to finally get an answer to a simple question.

hmmm.....

Maybe there are just too many of them??
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Have you ever noticed

Originally posted by Serenity View Post

sometimes it takes forever to finally get an answer to a simple question.
    Sometimes when you think you are asking a simple question, the person who is trying to answer your question may think that the question being asked is either (a) not as simple as it sounds, (b) there is not enough information in the original question to formulate an answer, or (c) the person who you are trying to ask the question doesn't have the experience to answer the question that was being asked.

Comment

Okay, I'll not only nibble, I'll bite.

Here is a complicated answer to your simple question:

That's life, that's what all the people say
      You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
      But I know I'm gonna change that tune
      When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
      Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream
      But I don't let it, let it get me down
      'cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
      I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
      Each time I find myself flat on my face
      I pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life, I tell you I can't deny it
      I thought of quitting, baby, but my heart just ain't gonna buy it
      And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
      I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

That's life, that's life and I can't deny it
      Many times I thought of cuttin' out but my heart won't buy it
      But if there's nothin' shakin' come this here July
      I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die

My, my!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It's the biorhythms babe! We are all up or down at different times, but like it's been said That's Life...

Even our own mates (friends or lovers) don't always answer our questions right and being on a forum with a bunch of online acquaintances is really hit & miss.
        Just hope that when it's a 'hit' that they didn't sink your battleship!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Or, sometimes they think it's just a rhetorical question?
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Uh...what was the question, again?
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Madame Speaker, I call the question ...

Comment

when you don't, it gets totally boring.
                [...]
                Hmmm...It sounds like you enjoy HT only when it serves you and your needs and that it's boring when a question you ask doesn't get answered.

Serenity...if you're referring to the plethora of cell phone questions in 2 separate threads, you started the most recent thread during a holiday week-end. People are busy. Google is your friend. Please use it as it will answer your questions 24/7. Be sure to add the word *review* to your search parameters as user reviews are very helpful. Good luck.

Comment

why was this closed??!!!......

http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=20580

I didn't even get a chance to reply .
                  This one.... http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=588
                  has been open since 2004, & no one has replied to it, so what's the difference??
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Re: WHY????

Serenity, before you read this, take a deep breath and try to understand that this is in no way an attack on you or your behavior on HT. You have a tendency to get offended by constructive criticism, then to post an "I'm leaving" message, then to disappear for several months, then to come back later when you need something. What I'm about to write is not an attack on you; nor is it a suggestion that you should pack up and leave again.

You posted a question. Nobody had an answer for you. That happens sometimes. It's happened to us all. Rather than post an "I don't know" response, which is useless, most of us just read it and moved on.

When nobody responded to your post, you created a NEW post, vaguely commenting on the fact that nobody had responded to your other post. What was the use of that? If you were disappointed in not receiving any responses, you could have just posted a reply to your original post, effectively bumping it to the top of the "latest posts" list and asking again.

A new post that says, "Have you ever noticed how sometimes you don't get any responses?" is a passive-aggressive way of calling attention to your post and complaining about not receiving any responses. While a post about no new posts is itself not an offense, we've already got several other posts about that very subject.

In addition, you gave your new post a completely meaningless title. I should be able to tell from the title of a post what it's about. It irritates me to have to click on "Have you ever noticed?" in order to find out what it is that's on your mind. What would have been wrong with a title like, "How it feels to get no responses..." or "I didn't get any responses to my question...?" This post, too, has the meaningless title, "WHY????" The whole point to having a title is to let people know what the content of that post is. I shouldn't have to open your thread to find out what it's about; I should be able to get a decent idea from the title.

Having said all that, I'm not a moderator or administrator, so I don't know why your thread was closed. I'm merely suggesting what might have been the problem.

A long, long time ago, you used to read other people's threads and offer some kind of feedback or insight. For the past few years, you show up when you need something or have something to share. Then you only respond to posts in those threads that you've started. Can you see how a post like this (and the one that got closed) sounds like whining, when you don't really participate in other people's threads?

Just my thoughts. I am only trying to be helpful, but I suspect you might get offended and decide to pack up and leave again. I would gently like to suggest that instead you try to take an interest in some of the other conversations going on around here (not just the ones you start), and who knows? You might find that others take more of an interest in your topics, too.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I guess the moderator felt that you were being ganged up on that thread.
                      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; December 1, 2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I don't see any legitimate reason for closing the thread. My guess: a frivolous and ill-considered act of censorship. I'm sorry your thread was locked.
                        Greg

Comment

It was closed because it was a pointless gripe about how no one was responding to another thread. Of course, a new thread was apparently started to complain about the closure, which I admit, should have been made more clear. Hopefully this message makes the reason clear, and prevents additional pointless meta conversation.

Comment

Working...
                          X