Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas to Secede from USA

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/texas...ry?id=17701519

We're going to miss those guys. I guess they will be starting to print their own currency.

Re: Texas to Secede from USA

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    We're going to miss those guys.
    We will? It's never going to happen!

I guess they will be starting to print their own currency.
    Wait til they find out what their tax rate would go up to - postal service, highway maintenance, Federal parks, public school subsidies, a military, health care, immigration control, retirement system, public welfare, etc.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

HA, let's see how long it takes them to start becoming illegal aliens trying to sneak into the US. Maybe by then we'll have their much loved electric fences and snipers ready for them.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        HA, let's see how long it takes them to start becoming illegal aliens trying to sneak into the US.
        Mr. George W.,tear down this wall!

Comment

The borders between Mexico and the USA have long been fluid.

Pancho Villa made a few raids across the border.

A person later to be General called George Patton chased the rebel army

many miles into the northern interior regions.

A very harsh landscape .

Comment

Just because a few hotheads are signing petitions doesn't mean that the entire population of the state is behind them.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some of the land that is along the Rio Grande is a group of a few counties

where the national boundaries are blurred by time , maps , and place.

The River gradually changes its path..

The state of Texas takes two days to drive across.

Nacodoches is a far cry from El Paso.

The slender pines are replaced by arid moonscapes.

Comment

Have a nice life the country of Texas.

Comment

Aloha Texas, that is Aloha in its 'bye bye' sense.

funny...I never thought the USSR could or would break up but it just took a little piece of paper with the right words on it and...voila! the Stalinist nightmare was over. Wow! So someday the right words might appear on another piece of paper and the USA would be no more. Peacefully. In a lot of ways the South is a burden on the rest of the country, economically and politically and even medically, it would not be that bad to cut them loose. Require everybody who believes in biblical creation to move there and everybody who is there and believes in science to move to the surviving US, it would be a much happier country (or countries). Some day...it just takes that little piece of paper.

Comment

It is an unfortunate fact that some of those who crafted our

state were owners of slaves.

Alexander Hamilton was a founding father born in a multi-racial environment.

The intensive study of the politics of that era is essential to understanding

our own political landscape at this moment.

The US was almost unique in that the slaves were all determined by color.

Comment

I am sincerely ashamed and regretful that some of my ancestors in the south did own slaves. Is there any possible excuse? Really, i don't know, can't say. Owning slaves was common from ancient times: Egypt, Greece, Rome, and it only went away, really, as a result of the beginnings of the industrial revolution. Can holding to a social norm, even though that norm was wrong, be an excuse? I don't know. Is it right to judge social norms of the past from today's perspective? I don't know. Look at how brutal, how cruel, the past was, even in civilized societies like medieval England or ancient Rome, we have come a long way, that should give us comfort, and that is why ever turning back even an inch is a mistake, we do not want to return to the Spanish Inquisition or drawing and quartering people or any of the other horrors of the past.

Comment

The rise of the shadowed ability to dump unlimited amounts of cash

into even darker places may have led great democracies into

snipers shooting from sewer grates.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...as/vi-BB1euZnJ

Alright. Alright. Alright.

Comment

Texas Republicans approve platform rejecting Biden's election as illegitimate (msn.com)

They should have secede from the USA before this.

Comment

Working...
                            X