Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannemann has alzheimers

Default Hannemann has alzheimers

Heard yesterday on the radio that brother Gus confirmed Mufi is in the first stages of alzheimers disease.
    Never a fan of the man, but I wouldn't wish this on my enemies.
    I hope he can beat this one.
    Last edited by admin; December 2nd, 2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Changing the title of the thread to reference 'Hannemann,' not 'Mufi.'

Default Re: Gus; Mufi has alzheimers

Sad news, indeed, if this is true. But one has to wonder why none of the local media outlets has picked up on this. This should be big news.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

From what I've heard there is no cure for alzheimer's, the progress can be slowed down slightly, however.

If this is true, we're lucky he didn't get elected!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

My prayers go out to Mufi.

President Ronald Reagan succumbed to the disease.

Our understanding of this terrible syndrome has advanced massively

and hopefully this disorder will be understood and defeated within our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by lensperson View Post
    My prayers go out to Mufi.

President Ronald Reagan succumbed to the disease.
    Was it a rumor that Pres. Reagan suffered with Alzheimers towards the end of his tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    From what I've heard there is no cure for alzheimer's, the progress can be slowed down slightly, however.
    Turmeric...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has wonderful medicinal properties. With my naturopath's approval I use it (product: Curamin) for pain relief of chronic lower back pain and arthritis. I no longer need Celebrex or Aleve. While Curamin doesn't eliminate my pain, it alleviates it to the same level as I experienced with NSAIDs. As I understand it, using turmeric in the amounts called for in recipes doesn't provide nearly enough curcumin for theraputic purposes. For those interested in trying curcumin be sure to research it first as there are some folks who shouldn't use it.

Hey, guys, a quick check with someone I know is related says it's not Mufi, but brother NEPHI

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    It's not Mufi, but brother NEPHI
    The mini-media got it wrong at the onset if it's the brother, but thanx for the input.

Hmmmm . . . what are 'mini-media'?

Seems unlikely that Gus would confuse Mufi with Nephi - sounds like the listener wasn't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    Hmmmm . . . what are 'mini-media'?

Seems unlikely that Gus would confuse Mufi with Nephi - sounds like the listener wasn't listening.
    DING DING!

HT's fountain of misinformation strikes again.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Turmeric is under intensive study to determine how it works.

The bright yellow powdered spice is a staple in untold numbers

of kitchens.

Curcumin is a fascinating substance.

Everyday baseball fans watch thrilling homegames while munching

hotdogs with mustard.

A search through the old cookbooks for old mustard recipes

might end up as small paperback book.

Detractors can pucker up on my bunghole and receive the best kiss they've ever had. I got it as stated off the news, the announcer/NPR may have gotten it wrong from their sources. And as usual, the facts sort themselves out as info is available. Toy slings and arrows aimed at the messenger are meaningless, but when that's all ya got...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Detractors can pucker up on my bunghole and receive the best kiss they've ever had. I got it as stated off the news, ...
    This is like Susan Rice's reaction when charged with purveying false information. Somebody put this sheet of paper in front of me, and I was just reading what was written there. It's not my fault. I am the innocent conduit of lies.
    Greg

Wrong on all three swings. You're out!

The mini-media ...
    ... the announcer/NPR ...
    A rather odd equation, I think. Since when is NPR "mini" media?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Since when is NPR "mini" media?
    When it's a local announcer making a brief one-time mention between programs.
    Havn't heard a followup yet on it, making it even minier.

When it's a local announcer making a brief one-time mention between programs.
    Havn't heard a followup yet on it, making it even minier.
    If it's the local announcer reading the local news, it probably wasn't on NPR.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    If it's the local announcer reading the local news, it probably wasn't on NPR.
    You're right, I made the whole thing up. nyah nyah. Happy?

Nobody's accusing you of making it up. I was just observing that Leo's not understanding how you could call NPR the "mini media" is probably caused by your citing NPR instead of what was most likely HPR. I doubt he'd have been as confused by your calling HPR the "mini media."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Nobody's accusing you of making it up. I was just observing that Leo's not understanding how you could call NPR the "mini media" is probably caused by your citing NPR instead of what was most likely HPR.
    HPR confusing Mufi with Nephi? Now I find that particularly hard to swallow. Not when their news staff consists of the likes of Wayne Yoshioka (a former Mufi appointee) and Noe Tanigawa (one of the most experienced radio reporters in this state).

I can plausibly believe this kind of mistake being uttered by almost any other radio station with a jock who is either inexperienced or doesn't follow local politics closely. But out of all the stations on the dial, one would think HPR would be the least likely source for this kind of mis-reporting.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 1st, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    HPR confusing Mufi with Nephi?
    HPR's got an excellent reputation for their news work, that's certain. (Nod in Kimo's direction.) Now, if I were not necessarily listening closely to a report, I might mis-hear "Mufi" when someone said "Nephi" - two syllables, similar first letter sound, ending syllable with an "f" sound, followed by the distinct last name - I'm just saying it's possible.

I've known the name Nephi longer than I've been aware of his brother Mufi, I have met Nephi thru mutual friends, I like Nephi compared to Mufi, I know the names and would have been even more alert to the news had the announcer said Nephi. I did not get it wrong even tho the facts evolve with time, if that's too much to accept for some, then

tho the facts evolve with time,
    Giving credit where credit is due,...

Mahalo to Kimo for providing the straight dope on this topic.

Default Re: Hannemann has alzheimers

. . . on another note, curious about Wayne Yoshioka being a Mufi appointee. Don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast