Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aloha Tower Marketplace

Default Re: Aloha Tower Marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    I've no desire to carry on a debate ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    ... and we now move on.
    Well, some of us do anyway (while others prove that matapule had good reason to laugh).

it sells and makes money. That is all that matters to Walmart.
    Considering how often WalMart has chosen not to stock certain music releases that are guaranteed to sell and make money shows it not to be that simple.

Considering how often WalMart has chosen not to stock certain music releases that are guaranteed to sell and make money shows it not to be that simple.
    You've totally missed my point.

My illustration about Walmart ordering and selling Justin Bieber CDs in large numbers wasn't to make a case that Walmart will sell absolutely anything and everything to make a buck. I was making the point that the big box retailer's purchasing decisions regarding music products are based more on commercials considerations rather than artistic merit and critical acclaim. This is why consumers will see a larger number of Justin Bieber discs on Walmart's shelf, compared to that for Luciano Pavarotti. And so it is with IMP vendors who may be selling souvenirs that locals here might find crass or inauthentic.... but it's the kind of stuff that tourists eagerly snap up.

That you didn't "get" my point here.... honestly, it's like we're thinking on different wavelengths.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 7th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

That you didn't "get" my point here.... honestly, it's like we're thinking on different wavelengths.
    It's a "Rashomon" thing, brah. We see different "truths," but each perspective is still "true." None is more right or wrong than the other. You're one of the people here I can trust to understand and accept that. <insert handshake icon here>

<insert handshake icon here>
    You might want to include a hand sanitizer icon as well, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    You might want to include a hand sanitizer icon as well, just to be safe.
    Awwww, c'mere ya big lug, and get a group hug!

Aloha Tower Marketplace was created with a huge design flaw, as many of you have pointed out: the parking.

Had it been constructed properly, I'm sure more locals would find that place appealing.

They ran on the assumption of ripping out the mauka side family owned parking area and making it into a multi-level parkspace. WRONG, the family wants it to remain a park, but obviously everybody lost there. It was all downhill after that.
    While not reflective of anything Hawaiian, the place was built OK, but they never filled the spaces with enuf locally attractive clients that didn't cost an arm/leg. The food court was probably the most affordable and thus favorite places for reg. on-budget Joes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12