• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-driver-beat...215633250.html

What if the SUV driver had a gun?

Comment

There are angles to that story. 1, why prohibit a gathering of bikers? The Constitution permits people to gather and to associate in public. Maybe the article was incomplete but it seems like legitimate rights of the bikers were being infringed. 2, it sounds like the SUV driver started the problem by running into a biker, then split; hit and run, a crime. The bikers seem to have apprehended a criminal, a hit and run. 3, true, they went over the limit in beating the driver but that seems to be pretty standard police procedure judging from videos of captures of fleeing runaway driving suspects, the Rodney King case being a good case in point. As will be recalled, a jury acquitted all four cops for beating King on video, so it really is pretty standard police behavior, its accepted. Shouldn't be, but is.

I had a friend who was beaten up by the Hells Angels once. He was in a car being driven by a friend of his who flipped off people in a car behind who were honking at him. Turned out they were Hells Angels. They launched out of their car, dragged my friend and his friend out and to the street and beat them up. Lesson: do NOT flip people off on the road, you never know who they might be!

Back to our story...4, what if the bikers had had guns? The SUV driver survived his beating, its much less likely he would have survived a hail of bullets. Maybe the bikers will arm themselves with assault weapons, that should make us all much more secure, right?

Comment

Just caught the video of the biker event on TV news. These were not big Hog riders, they were riding little rice burners as the saying goes. The SUV rear ended a bike as the bike stopped in front of him. Bikers began beating on his SUV windows with their helmets, he panicked and split, so it was not actually a hit and run. All things considered it could have ended much worse if either the SUV driver or the bikers had been armed, or if both sides had been. Picture it! Wild gunfire erupts, dozens of shots fired, etc. I do not picture guys riding little rice burners as constituting some menacing criminal conspiracy, that image can apply to big Hog riders but I have met some pretty respectable guys who look downright disreputable in their gear on their big Hogs, but thats...how they roll.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          Bill Maher is a comedian and satirist. His comments should be taken in that vein, at least I did!
          There are two stereotypes going on with the biker gang assault on the SUV driver. The SUV driver is Asian, and the hothead biker who turn himself in for the assault has a Hispanic name. This is a setup joke on Real Time.
          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; October 1, 2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            Back to our story...4, what if the bikers had had guns? The SUV driver survived his beating, its much less likely he would have survived a hail of bullets. Maybe the bikers will arm themselves with assault weapons, that should make us all much more secure, right?
            It's very likely they DID have guns. When I rode 1% (outlaw) we ALL carried guns, all the time. These guys may not have been outlaws though.

That's only one reason I got out.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The only murder I personally know about in Tonga occurred about 6 years after we left Tonga.
              Here is a brief summary of the incident. I know some of the participants in the sordid affair and the article is not entirely correct from my understanding but is close enough. Unfortunately, Peace Crops staff and American expatriates in Tonga who interjected themselves into the case were often not as exemplary as the Peace Corps volunteers. Fortuitously, the murderer did not have access to a gun or the results my have been worse.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Fortuitously, the murderer did not have access to a gun or the results my have been worse.
                But if she'd been carrying she'd probably be alive today and the creep dead.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  But if she'd been carrying she'd probably be alive today and the creep dead.
                  Uh, Ron, had you read the summary, they were both drunk. Nothing like mixing alcohol and guns. He overpowered her. He weighed 100 pounds more than she did. She had no opportunity to defend herself.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Uh, Ron, had you read the summary, they were both drunk. Nothing like mixing alcohol and guns. He overpowered her. He weighed 100 pounds more than she did. She had no opportunity to defend herself.
                    I certainly read it and unless you have more info you have no clue what the actual situation was that nite beyond the article, but we know she's dead and had no chance of serious self defense being alone, unarmed, and against someone with a knife and the intent to harm. My bet is even if drunk that had she been trained, armed, and more confident, she'd be alive today. I want people to have the options of being able to defend themselves in serious situations.

Sanity in an insane world, now and forever more!

Comment

unless you have more info you have no clue what the actual situation was that nite beyond the article,
                      Actually, I do have more information. What do you want to know?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

What do you want to know?
                        How my statement re pro defense would differ from the many other examples of similar victims that could have saved themselves with firearm protection?

Comment

How my statement re pro defense would differ from the many other examples of similar victims that could have saved themselves with firearm protection?
                          Ron, why are you being such a dufus? This is becoming a pattern. She was unexpectedly overwhelmed by Priven. She could have had a bazooka at her disposal but it wold have done her no good because she was incapicitated by the first sneak attack stab wound. It was a bloody mess. The fales we lived in were about 10 feet by 20 feet - living room, bedroom, kitchen, and primitive toilet (that's the size of a one car garage). That's it! Her's would have been relatively commodious since we married couple had to share a fale of the same dimensions. There's no place to run, no place to hide.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Ron, why are you being such a dufus? This is becoming a pattern. She was unexpectedly overwhelmed by Priven.
                            As a dufus I appreciated that you indeed had more info and moved on from that particular killing and asked how it would differ in the many other killings where someone could have stood a chance. But yes, this is a pointless pattern, since you stridently want law abiding citizens unarmed and unable to survive, while I merely want at least chance to survive, and sadly that means having firepower at our disposal. Make the world peaceful and we won't need protection, until then...

Comment

In 1863 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.

In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan.

In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.

In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killing 6 others.

In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.

In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza shot and killed 26 people in a school.

One could go on, but you get the point, even if the media does not.

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns.

SOLUTION: It should simply be illegal for Democrats to own guns. Best idea I’ve seen.
                              ~ ~

Comment

Wish I could post it here AS A .JPG....

There is a sign at the Utah border; it says:

WELCOME TO
                                UTAH
                                ATTENTION CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS

Over 2,000,000 Utah Residents
                                Have A Legal Permit To Carry A Handgun
                                They Are Armed And Prepared To Defend Themselves
                                And Others Against Acts Of Criminal Violence

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

COLORADO, HOWEVER, HAS
                                BEEN DISARMED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; October 4, 2013, 01:33 AM.
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X