Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Default Re: Gun Control

Did you see the pic of the Newtown mass murderer? ANYONE should be able to look at a face like that and know the person isn't safe to drive a car much less to possess guns. Or the Colorado theater mass murderer with the orange hair, such an utterly spaced look on is face. I will never understand why the NRA & supporters stand up for the laws that make it possible for such space cases to get ahold of fire arms. Oh well.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalalau View Post
    Did you see the pic of the Newtown mass murderer? ANYONE should be able to look at a face like that and know the person isn't safe to drive a car much less to possess guns. Or the Colorado theater mass murderer with the orange hair, such an utterly spaced look on is face.
    All you have to do is look at the face of George Zimmerman to see a paranoid sociopath gun nut. And he is walking around free at this moment. Yeah, they took his 5 guns away from him temporarily but one of his family or friends can always get another one for him.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

A BLACK woman in Florida got 20 years for brndishing a gun to frighten away an abusive husband. So killing (excuse me, murdering) a Black teen is fine with Florida whites but a BLACK woman merely displaying a gun to defend herself is 20 years. I think it might have been Jefferson who said he feared for the country when he reflected that there is a just God.

With the mention of a buffet I now need to eat lunch sooner than anticipated.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 27th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Even with restrictions concerning 3D guns the cat is out of the bottle and you'll never get the genie back in the bag, so much for controlling guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Even with restrictions concerning 3D guns the cat is out of the bottle and you'll never get the genie back in the bag, so much for controlling guns...
    I watched the documentary, "AR15, America's Rifle" on Discovery Channel (or one like that) a couple of days ago. Here is what I learned:

- the AR 15 was developed as an automatic rifle (hold the trigger down and it just keeps firing) for the military by Colt Manufacturing
    - The military called it the M16
    - today the AR15 is a semi automatic rifle (pull the trigger successively for successive shots) which is made by several manufacturers
    - today manufacturers are marketing the AR15 to women and children with designer colors and graphics
    - the AR15 is not a defensive weapon, it is an assault weapon
    - AR15 armament (bullets) are designed to "tumble" when entering soft tissue like the humane body. This "tumbling" causes severe trauma to organs and bones. The armament "tumbling" is designed to kill, not to disable, after all it is a military weapon.
    - even gun rights advocates become gun control advocates when they, their family, or friends and acquaintances are involved in something like Columbine, Aurora CO, or Newtown massacres where AR15s were used.
    - AR15 sales are booming!

The documentary interviewed a former police officer who operates a military defense school in the midwest. He thinks the US government is out to get him, POTUS is an agent of other, threatening governments, and he alone is the savior of the US Constitution. He advocates violent overthrow of the US government. He can be seen on YouTube spouting his fascist manifesto.

They interviewed a law student from Austin Texas who admits that he is an anarchist. He is uploading no cost software onto the Internet that will allow anyone to manufacture unlimited AR15s out of resin plastic with a $800 printer. He says he doesn't care who this weapon might hurt. They cannot be detected at airport security because they are plastic. He says it is his constitutional right to convey this information. He thinks that criminals and mentally ill people should have access to these weapons because "it is guaranteed by the Second Amendment."

So, getting back to Ron's point, yes, the genie is out of the bottle, but we can put him back in and put a cork on it. Anyone caught with a plastic AR15 is guilty of a capital crime with a minimum mandatory life imprisonment at Guantanamo, Cuba. And that is just a start. The paranoid gun nuts out there should be very concerned about people like me! We will prevail. Good will triumph over evil.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Last edited by matapule; November 29th, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Thanksgiving Day special, a semi-automatic rifle for every budget! Disgusting.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Anyone caught with a plastic AR15 is guilty of a capital crime with a minimum mandatory life imprisonment at Guantanamo, Cuba.
    The issue of 3D's is slipping under the radar and will be established and beyond control very soon. All of Cuba won't be enuf to house the numbers.

The issue of 3D's is slipping under the radar and will be established and beyond control very soon.
    Today the House of Representatives passed a continued ban on plastic 3D guns for another 10 years. Of course the NRA strongly opposed the ban......these are guns that cannot be detected at airport security for example, so it was to be expected that the NRA, a terrorist organization, would oppose it. Although the Bill passed, the Republicans in Congress wimped out by demanding a "voice vote" so votes would not be recorded by name and thereby avoid the wrath of the NRA and its members.

Anyone caught with a plastic gun is going to jail - where they belong. YIPPEE! It's a small, baby step to gun control, but it is a step in the right direction.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

How'bout plastic bazookas, mortars, and tanks, are they illegal too?

How'bout plastic bazookas, mortars, and tanks, are they illegal too?
    What's your point? Do you think they should be legal?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

What's your point? Do you think they should be legal?
    Hey, I'm said to be a gun nut, I don't need to think or have a point. But they'll be out there and I want the ability to fend them off as best as possible, tank you.
    Plastic submarine or battleship anyone?

Hey, I'm said to be a gun nut, I don't need to think or have a point. But they'll be out there and I want the ability to fend them off as best as possible, tank you.
    Plastic submarine or battleship anyone?
    Paranoia personified. The very reason gun nuts should not have access to guns.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Paranoia personified. The very reason gun nuts should not have access to guns.
    PFFT! Gimmie liberty or a suitcase nuke!

Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
    Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
    Greg, very interesting. Watch, the gun nuts on this board will now produce some NRA statistics that will show the opposite. There is lots of dirty money to be made in the gun industry lobby.

Congratulations and thank you to both Hawai'i and California for being proactive on the issue.

AR15s arre not the only gun that uses that same ammunition. It is the bullet design that makes it tumble upon entering a resistive substance, not the gun.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Wink Re: Gun Control

Greg, very interesting. Watch, the gun nuts on this board will now produce some NRA statistics that will show the opposite.
    Why? it clearly shows public opinion (and money) supports gun rights.

People are afraid of losing more and more of their rights, and the government is determined to take away more and more of them. I think those statistics were right on.
    ~ ~

Lightbulb Re: Gun Control

Anyone caught with a plastic gun is going to jail - where they belong. YIPPEE! It's a small, baby step to gun control, but it is a step in the right direction.
    For once I almost agree. There's no place for plastic guns. However, even plastic guns need metal ammo, which is detectable.

A TSA agent almost made me do a strip search until they realized the metal rivets in my Levis were setting off their alarms. Sensitive enough to detect bullets? I think.
    ~ ~

This decision carries a lot of weight beyond State lines and may hit the SCOTUS before Obama can tilt the PRO/CON persuasion http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5939671.story

Piers Morgan said in his monologue last night:

"A study published in the American Journal of Public Health last year found that states with more gun ownership often had higher rates of gun-related murders.
    Morgan argued Friday night: "More guns doesn't mean less crime, as the NRA repeatedly tries to tell you. It means more gun violence, more death and more profits for the gun manufacturers."
    He concluded, "Now it's down to you. It is your country. These are your gun laws. And the senseless slaughter will only end when enough Americans stand together and cry, 'Enough!' I look forward to that day. I also look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thank you. And God bless America. "

These are my sentiments too, Piers.

Unhappy Re: Gun Control

Check the facts rather than the opinions.

Weigh murders vs. self-defense. Daily, over 1000 Americans use guns in self-defense.

Granted, there are more murders, but these are by people who don't obey the law anyway. We cannot take guns from those who hide them, only from citizens who comply with the law, which will make the illegal use of guns rise, and honest citizens to suffer.
    ~ ~

This thread was quiet for so long I thought I would just let it be. But I see it has started again.

I find it funny that anti-gun people say things like "A study published in the American Journal of Public Health last year found that states with more gun ownership often had higher rates of gun-related murders”. Well duh! Countries with no cars have very few deaths by car. Same thing.

Guns don’t create the desire to kill.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

All you have to do is look at the face of George Zimmerman to see a paranoid sociopath gun nut.
    So you are just like Zimmerman. He took one look at a black man in a hoodie and saw the evil and decided to watch him to prevent a crime.

With the ability to see the evil in people you could be a great help to law enforcement. You could walk around the city streets pointing out the evil people and the police could arrest them. Maybe before they even commit a crime. Wouldn’t that be great?

See why I worry about you Matapule?
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast