Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Default Re: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
    Perhaps, like you say, strict gun control now, perhaps we should control THOSE that carry guns as a daily uniform standard.

Are police not trained to use non-lethal methods?

Why are so many citizens being killed by the ever imposing, militarized police force? Why are so many boys(and girls)in blue using a badge and uniform to intimidate, harass and even kill? Law enforcement no longer protects and/or, serves, they are in the business of "law enforcement", and are increasingly stopping at nothing to go straight to the lowest common denominator, a gun, while tasers are almost standard issue now days.

Where is your outrage with that?

It's not just "gun crazy nut jobs" that are killing people, ya know?
    If you want to talk story about law enforcement in the US, start a different thread. You are utilizing the classic deflection technique of trying to steer the conversation in a different direction because you have no facts (other than the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut minions) to back up your position.

Yes, there are many examples of police who use excessive force and unnecessary killing. The investigation of this particular case in question has yet to be completed, yet you want to convict and condemn the officers involved without ANY facts. Yes, the "bad apple" gun nut officers in a police force (and there are many) should be condemned and eradicated. However, that is grist for a different thread. If you start that thread, I may comment there as I feel appropriate.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Angry Re: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    the terrorist organization NRA
    The terrorists are the anti-constitutional Gun Control Nut jobs.

Not only terrorists, but traitors to the American Constitution.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; June 29th, 2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Smile Re: Gun Control

Today’s Featured Article | THE INDIANAPOLIS 5,000,000

“The NRA proudly stands for the America we all want—where we can speak and gather as we choose, unashamed of our patriotism, unflinching in our defense of one unifying principle: individual freedom for all.” – NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre

Read the full article on page 93 of the July issue:
    http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...3#/31385023/95
    ~ ~

flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

If you want to talk story about law enforcement in the US, start a different thread. You are utilizing the classic deflection technique of trying to steer the conversation in a different direction because you have no facts
    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    What you read as my deflection, is simply your deflection.
    flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

NRA Fights For Convicted Stalkers' Gun Rights

"Domestic abusers who have access to guns are over seven times more likely to kill their partners than those who don't have such access. A report released by the Center for American Progress last week shows that stalkers and physically abusive dating partners can be just as deadly as a violent spouse."
    It is reported today that the accused gun nut who killed 6 of his family members in Houston was a convicted of domestic violence in 2008. Ron Lee Haskell, Charged In Texas Massacre, Had Previous Domestic Violence Arrest

The terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut supporters want to continue to arm those who are convicted stalkers and perpetrators of domestic violence. Gun control can begin by permanently taking guns out of the hands of these convicted criminals. When will we protect the rights of children to live? When will women stand up to this kind of terrorist policy? The gun nuts who support the NRA and their policies are culpable.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Thumbs down Re: Gun Control

Gun control can begin by permanently taking guns out of the hands of these convicted criminals. When will we protect the rights of children to live? When will women stand up to this kind of terrorist policy?
    Well, first of all we must arm vulnerable women and teach them to protect themselves and their families.

Police are at best 20 minutes away... too late for victims!

But, finally, I agree. convicted felons or violent criminals should not have guns.

The laws are already in effect for this, I know, cause I've checked. They are forbidden to have guns! (IN Hawaii, at least).

ARM women and teach them protection skills, teach children to NEVER touch guns.

That's easier than keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Honest, law-abiding citizens not only NEED but have the right to protect themselves and their families.

Or move to Cuba, or Russia, where your standards are standard.
    ~ ~

Does anyone have an opinion on this "smart gun" thing? I think there are too many things that can go wrong with the technology and it would more of a detriment in times of real danger.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Alani View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on this "smart gun" thing? I think there are too many things that can go wrong with the technology and it would more of a detriment in times of real danger.
    The bad guy will usually have the advantage of surprise and superiority no matter how smart the guns become, and some of it is amazing, but I'm all for it re the kid/safety aspect.

"Smart" guns will likely become our standard, via "Executive pen and Phone."

The technology is not only fragile, but "smart criminals" will learn how to circumvent it, I'm sure.

Another example of wasted tax dollars.
    ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by D'Alani View Post
    The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns. The only solution is strict gun control of any type of gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns. The only solution is strict gun control of any type of gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Oh, so really. . .a gun that is designed to only work with it's registered owner, only able to fire if it meet the biometric/rfid of the registered owner, that if falls into the wrong hands will be rendered inert, is a gimmick to sell more guns?

You have really become just as much a nut about gun control as the nuts you are against, completely ignoring logic, sensibility, and common sense.
    flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Oh, so really. . .a gun that is designed to only work with it's registered owner, only able to fire if it meet the biometric/rfid of the registered owner, that if falls into the wrong hands will be rendered inert, is a gimmick to sell more guns?
    YES!

You have really become just as much a nut about gun control as the nuts you are against, completely ignoring logic, sensibility, and common sense.
    I have been called and accused of worse. I'm not going away.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns.
    Think about it - Matapule is right on this. Does anyone believe that gun manufacturers would develop such technology only because it appears to be the "right" thing to do? It may turn out to be a good move, but make no mistake - NO manufacturer would invest in any new technology simply out of a sense of altruism; if they feel they can't increase their profits by doing so, it will not be done. That's a basic tenet of our capitalist structure.

Question Re: Gun Control

I have been called and accused of worse. I'm not going away.
    Good for you, you have a 1st Amendment right to state your opinion, right or wrong.

Plus, I think this is the second most-used thread on this website, second to "What's for lunch"!

Too bad you use the 1st Amendment to discredit the 2nd Amendment.
    ~ ~

Gun makers support smartness until the guns truly are 'right', then diminishing returns in protracted gun sales will mute that support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Gun makers support smartness until the guns truly are 'right', then diminishing returns in protracted gun sales will mute that support.
    FINALLY.......something we can agree on.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    NO manufacturer would invest in any new technology simply out of a sense of altruism; if they feel they can't increase their profits by doing so, it will not be done.
    Gun manufacturers and their lobbying arm, the terrorist organization NRA, are a cynical and directly murderous bunch. They put put profits ahead of saving lives. Think about it, a bar is legally culpable if they sell alcohol to an obviously intoxicated person and that person kills someone, usually with an auto. The gun manufacturers and their lobbying arm the terrorist organization NRA, have thwarted any attempt to make them responsible for the terror they cause by either "bad guys" with a gun or a "good guys" with a gun. They have done nothing to make the US safer other than proposing to arm everyone including children and felons (read increasing gun sales). Obviously, it is going to get worse before the situation can get better. Elect strict gun control advocates to EVERY level of Government.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Thumbs down Re: Gun Control

the terrorist organization NRA,
    First Amendment protections do not include protection against libelous statements such as this.

Your 1st Amendment rights entitle you to state your opinion, but not to engage in libel.

You could legally say, "the NRA, which I believe to be a terrorist organization."

Could someone quote this? matapule has me on ignore; he should be informed he's participating in possibly illegal activities..
    Last edited by Kaonohi; July 13th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    ~ ~

Mass Shooting Analysis Finds Strong Domestic Violence Connection

"Research has shown that women in abusive relationships are eight times more likely to be killed if their abuser has access to a gun."

"It’s clear that many of these murders were committed by people already barred from gun ownership by federal law -- but that law is full of loopholes, like background checks not being required for private sales, like Craigslist or at gun shows,"

"It’s shocking that the gun lobby has succeeded in blocking such common-sense solutions, and that there aren’t more members of Congress standing up on the issue."

The only thing that scares me more than a "bad guy" with a gun is a "good guy" with a gun.

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands. Eventually justice will be served!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

if their abuser has access to a gun
    But what if the abused also has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat, what are the numbers for that? Probably pretty encouraging for protection supporters.

But what if the abused also has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat, what are the numbers for that? Probably pretty encouraging for protection supporters.
    Huh, Ron, you don't seem to get the point. The cited abused victims didn't have guns and/or didn't want guns. What are you saying? The fact that a victim doesn't "has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat" they DESERVE to be killed?

Guns are primarily a guy thing (yes, I know some women too). I don't know what it is about us men and their guns (which is a well documented metaphor). Maybe it has to do with losing power in an evolving world, or maybe insecurities about the size of their me'a, or maybe a genetic defect, or who knows what. But the fact is too many men need a gun to make them feel complete and whole and "manly" as the primeval warrior and to disguise all their insecurities and paranoia. They view women in the traditional sense of subservience or suffer the consequences which is too often death. These gun nuts are a relic of the past, unable to evolve. They too will eventually be bred out of existence.

The only thing that scares me more than a "bad guy" with a gun is a "good guy" with a gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Uaifi is calling matapule to ngau ngua'ue the trash out now holo holo. Matapule need to move holo holo or he in BIG trouble. Yeah, matapule is gunless and a wimp when come to dear uaifi of 48 years. But matapule and uaifi very comfortable with size of me'a!

Huh, Ron, you don't seem to get the point. The cited abused victims didn't have guns and/or didn't want guns. What are you saying? The fact that a victim doesn't "has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat" they DESERVE to be killed?
    It's pretty simple, they didn't have any defense against an armed aggressor so of course there will be a high rate of deaths, but if they had been armed/willing/able then that rate would be near nil.

It's pretty simple, they didn't have any defense against an armed aggressor so of course there will be a high rate of deaths, but if they had been armed/willing/able then that rate would be near nil.
    Ron, they didn't want to be part of the gun culture. They didn't want guns. Therefore you are saying because they don't want to be part of the terrorist, paranoid gun culture, that a benevolent society will not provide them protection. You are saying that the children at Sandy Hook should have been armed so that if their teachers were killed (whether armed or not) they should have provided their own defense. NUTS!

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Ron, they didn't want to be part of the gun culture. They didn't want guns. Therefore you are saying because they don't want to be part of the terrorist, paranoid gun culture, that a benevolent society will not provide them protection. You are saying that the children at Sandy Hook should have been armed so that if their teachers were killed (whether armed or not) they should have provided their own defense. NUTS!

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands.
    So what, I'm proposing a hypothetical where anyone armed is way more likely to avoid serious harm, it's beyond this particular case. But if arming infants will make them safer then I'm for it, whatever it takes to stay safe, but you want to remove that safety aspect from everybody. That's more nuts to me and I'm glad it probably won't happen.

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast