Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    How'bout plastic bazookas, mortars, and tanks, are they illegal too?
    What's your point? Do you think they should be legal?

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      What's your point? Do you think they should be legal?
      Hey, I'm said to be a gun nut, I don't need to think or have a point. But they'll be out there and I want the ability to fend them off as best as possible, tank you.
      Plastic submarine or battleship anyone?
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Hey, I'm said to be a gun nut, I don't need to think or have a point. But they'll be out there and I want the ability to fend them off as best as possible, tank you.
        Plastic submarine or battleship anyone?
        Paranoia personified. The very reason gun nuts should not have access to guns.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Paranoia personified. The very reason gun nuts should not have access to guns.
          PFFT! Gimmie liberty or a suitcase nuke!

Comment

Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
              Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
              Greg, very interesting. Watch, the gun nuts on this board will now produce some NRA statistics that will show the opposite. There is lots of dirty money to be made in the gun industry lobby.

Congratulations and thank you to both Hawai'i and California for being proactive on the issue.

Comment

AR15s arre not the only gun that uses that same ammunition. It is the bullet design that makes it tumble upon entering a resistive substance, not the gun.
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Last big brick in the wall?; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2278114.html

Comment

Greg, very interesting. Watch, the gun nuts on this board will now produce some NRA statistics that will show the opposite.
                    Why? it clearly shows public opinion (and money) supports gun rights.

People are afraid of losing more and more of their rights, and the government is determined to take away more and more of them. I think those statistics were right on.
                    ~ ~

Comment

Anyone caught with a plastic gun is going to jail - where they belong. YIPPEE! It's a small, baby step to gun control, but it is a step in the right direction.
                      For once I almost agree. There's no place for plastic guns. However, even plastic guns need metal ammo, which is detectable.

A TSA agent almost made me do a strip search until they realized the metal rivets in my Levis were setting off their alarms. Sensitive enough to detect bullets? I think.
                      ~ ~

Comment

This decision carries a lot of weight beyond State lines and may hit the SCOTUS before Obama can tilt the PRO/CON persuasion http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5939671.story

Comment

Piers Morgan said in his monologue last night:

"A study published in the American Journal of Public Health last year found that states with more gun ownership often had higher rates of gun-related murders.
                          Morgan argued Friday night: "More guns doesn't mean less crime, as the NRA repeatedly tries to tell you. It means more gun violence, more death and more profits for the gun manufacturers."
                          He concluded, "Now it's down to you. It is your country. These are your gun laws. And the senseless slaughter will only end when enough Americans stand together and cry, 'Enough!' I look forward to that day. I also look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thank you. And God bless America. "

These are my sentiments too, Piers.

Comment

Check the facts rather than the opinions.

Weigh murders vs. self-defense. Daily, over 1000 Americans use guns in self-defense.

Granted, there are more murders, but these are by people who don't obey the law anyway. We cannot take guns from those who hide them, only from citizens who comply with the law, which will make the illegal use of guns rise, and honest citizens to suffer.
                            ~ ~

Comment

This thread was quiet for so long I thought I would just let it be. But I see it has started again.

I find it funny that anti-gun people say things like "A study published in the American Journal of Public Health last year found that states with more gun ownership often had higher rates of gun-related murders”. Well duh! Countries with no cars have very few deaths by car. Same thing.

Guns don’t create the desire to kill.
                              "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                              Ayn Rand

Comment

All you have to do is look at the face of George Zimmerman to see a paranoid sociopath gun nut.
                                So you are just like Zimmerman. He took one look at a black man in a hoodie and saw the evil and decided to watch him to prevent a crime.

With the ability to see the evil in people you could be a great help to law enforcement. You could walk around the city streets pointing out the evil people and the police could arrest them. Maybe before they even commit a crime. Wouldn’t that be great?

See why I worry about you Matapule?
                                "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                                Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                                X