Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on this "smart gun" thing? I think there are too many things that can go wrong with the technology and it would more of a detriment in times of real danger.
    The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns. The only solution is strict gun control of any type of gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns. The only solution is strict gun control of any type of gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
      Oh, so really. . .a gun that is designed to only work with it's registered owner, only able to fire if it meet the biometric/rfid of the registered owner, that if falls into the wrong hands will be rendered inert, is a gimmick to sell more guns?

You have really become just as much a nut about gun control as the nuts you are against, completely ignoring logic, sensibility, and common sense.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        Oh, so really. . .a gun that is designed to only work with it's registered owner, only able to fire if it meet the biometric/rfid of the registered owner, that if falls into the wrong hands will be rendered inert, is a gimmick to sell more guns?
        YES!

You have really become just as much a nut about gun control as the nuts you are against, completely ignoring logic, sensibility, and common sense.
        I have been called and accused of worse. I'm not going away.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The "smart gun" is a gimmick by the gun manufacturers to sell more guns.
          Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          Think about it - Matapule is right on this. Does anyone believe that gun manufacturers would develop such technology only because it appears to be the "right" thing to do? It may turn out to be a good move, but make no mistake - NO manufacturer would invest in any new technology simply out of a sense of altruism; if they feel they can't increase their profits by doing so, it will not be done. That's a basic tenet of our capitalist structure.

Comment

I have been called and accused of worse. I'm not going away.
            Good for you, you have a 1st Amendment right to state your opinion, right or wrong.

Plus, I think this is the second most-used thread on this website, second to "What's for lunch"!

Too bad you use the 1st Amendment to discredit the 2nd Amendment.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Gun makers support smartness until the guns truly are 'right', then diminishing returns in protracted gun sales will mute that support.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                Gun makers support smartness until the guns truly are 'right', then diminishing returns in protracted gun sales will mute that support.
                FINALLY.......something we can agree on.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  NO manufacturer would invest in any new technology simply out of a sense of altruism; if they feel they can't increase their profits by doing so, it will not be done.
                  Gun manufacturers and their lobbying arm, the terrorist organization NRA, are a cynical and directly murderous bunch. They put put profits ahead of saving lives. Think about it, a bar is legally culpable if they sell alcohol to an obviously intoxicated person and that person kills someone, usually with an auto. The gun manufacturers and their lobbying arm the terrorist organization NRA, have thwarted any attempt to make them responsible for the terror they cause by either "bad guys" with a gun or a "good guys" with a gun. They have done nothing to make the US safer other than proposing to arm everyone including children and felons (read increasing gun sales). Obviously, it is going to get worse before the situation can get better. Elect strict gun control advocates to EVERY level of Government.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

the terrorist organization NRA,
                    First Amendment protections do not include protection against libelous statements such as this.

Your 1st Amendment rights entitle you to state your opinion, but not to engage in libel.

You could legally say, "the NRA, which I believe to be a terrorist organization."

Could someone quote this? matapule has me on ignore; he should be informed he's participating in possibly illegal activities..
                    Last edited by Kaonohi; July 13, 2014, 11:43 AM.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Mass Shooting Analysis Finds Strong Domestic Violence Connection

"Research has shown that women in abusive relationships are eight times more likely to be killed if their abuser has access to a gun."

"It’s clear that many of these murders were committed by people already barred from gun ownership by federal law -- but that law is full of loopholes, like background checks not being required for private sales, like Craigslist or at gun shows,"

"It’s shocking that the gun lobby has succeeded in blocking such common-sense solutions, and that there aren’t more members of Congress standing up on the issue."

The only thing that scares me more than a "bad guy" with a gun is a "good guy" with a gun.

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands. Eventually justice will be served!

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

if their abuser has access to a gun
                        But what if the abused also has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat, what are the numbers for that? Probably pretty encouraging for protection supporters.

Comment

But what if the abused also has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat, what are the numbers for that? Probably pretty encouraging for protection supporters.
                          Huh, Ron, you don't seem to get the point. The cited abused victims didn't have guns and/or didn't want guns. What are you saying? The fact that a victim doesn't "has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat" they DESERVE to be killed?

Guns are primarily a guy thing (yes, I know some women too). I don't know what it is about us men and their guns (which is a well documented metaphor). Maybe it has to do with losing power in an evolving world, or maybe insecurities about the size of their me'a, or maybe a genetic defect, or who knows what. But the fact is too many men need a gun to make them feel complete and whole and "manly" as the primeval warrior and to disguise all their insecurities and paranoia. They view women in the traditional sense of subservience or suffer the consequences which is too often death. These gun nuts are a relic of the past, unable to evolve. They too will eventually be bred out of existence.

The only thing that scares me more than a "bad guy" with a gun is a "good guy" with a gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Uaifi is calling matapule to ngau ngua'ue the trash out now holo holo. Matapule need to move holo holo or he in BIG trouble. Yeah, matapule is gunless and a wimp when come to dear uaifi of 48 years. But matapule and uaifi very comfortable with size of me'a!

Comment

Huh, Ron, you don't seem to get the point. The cited abused victims didn't have guns and/or didn't want guns. What are you saying? The fact that a victim doesn't "has a gun and the handling skills/confidence/chance to counter the threat" they DESERVE to be killed?
                            It's pretty simple, they didn't have any defense against an armed aggressor so of course there will be a high rate of deaths, but if they had been armed/willing/able then that rate would be near nil.

Comment

It's pretty simple, they didn't have any defense against an armed aggressor so of course there will be a high rate of deaths, but if they had been armed/willing/able then that rate would be near nil.
                              Ron, they didn't want to be part of the gun culture. They didn't want guns. Therefore you are saying because they don't want to be part of the terrorist, paranoid gun culture, that a benevolent society will not provide them protection. You are saying that the children at Sandy Hook should have been armed so that if their teachers were killed (whether armed or not) they should have provided their own defense. NUTS!

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Ron, they didn't want to be part of the gun culture. They didn't want guns. Therefore you are saying because they don't want to be part of the terrorist, paranoid gun culture, that a benevolent society will not provide them protection. You are saying that the children at Sandy Hook should have been armed so that if their teachers were killed (whether armed or not) they should have provided their own defense. NUTS!

The terrorist organization NRA and their terrorist members and supporters have blood on their hands.
                                So what, I'm proposing a hypothetical where anyone armed is way more likely to avoid serious harm, it's beyond this particular case. But if arming infants will make them safer then I'm for it, whatever it takes to stay safe, but you want to remove that safety aspect from everybody. That's more nuts to me and I'm glad it probably won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X