Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 925 of 1057

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  2. #902

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Someone can make a fortune by inventing a bulletproof force field that can be purchase by people.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Gun Control

    I left my gun home all this last month, and it didn't kill anyone.
    Going on two months now.

    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

    STRICT PEOPLE CONTROL, NOW!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Plastic Gun Control

    Yes. Plastic guns should be illegal. One website I recently visited declaimed that plastic guns explode (deconstruct) when fired. GOOD plan.

    I agree with current Hawai`i laws:" to purchase a gun, one must be a non-felon and have taken an extended gun safety course. Even those with violent misdemeanors are banned. Also vets with PTSD, (although that is unreasonable, as there are many forms of PTSD). And of course people with mental disease.

    I disagree with concealed carry laws. How come bounty hunters get to carry, when trained civilians can't?

    I ran into Dog's wife in an elevator at HPD, and asked why she could carry, she said she could cause she was a bounty hunter.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  5. #905

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Today's Seattle Times had an interesting story on an increase in concealed-carry permits being issued in Washington state, especially among women - many of whom cite personal safety as their prime reason.

    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...ryrisexml.html

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Gun Control

    You can't count on gun control, because criminals will always be able to get guns, especially after honest citizens are disarmed.

    You can't count on the police, because they won't get there in time (if at all).

    One has to rely on one's own self for protection - especially women.

    Kudos to the State of Washington.

    Thanks for the news report Leo.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Exclamation Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
    Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
    Looks like the will of the people, at least measured by political contributions, supports gun rights, not gun control.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  8. #908

    Default Re: Gun Control


  9. #909
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Today's Seattle Times had an interesting story on an increase in concealed-carry permits being issued in Washington state, especially among women - many of whom cite personal safety as their prime reason.

    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...ryrisexml.html
    If the intruder left when he encountered the victim and her dog,,,,,,,,,,why does the victim need a gun? Why does the victim need a "concealed carry" permit if the gun is just for personal safety? There is more to this story than the article reports.

    Paranoia run amuck among gun nuts.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    The NRA and gun manufacturers would like to arm all 12 year olds. Why stop there? Let's arm new borns too.

    This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is about a gun-crazed population and their paranoid fantasies.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  11. #911

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    The NRA and gun manufacturers would like to arm all 12 year olds. Why stop there? Let's arm new borns too.

    This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is about a gun-crazed population and their paranoid fantasies.
    Why do you hate pre-teens and babies? Don't they deserve protection against killers?

    No it's not, it's a reality and the public needs to protect it's self from the rampant nuts who don't care but to arm and kill en mass or to any lesser degree. The 'gun crazies' usually don't have any personal impact on society in general, they just like guns. Leave them and those who want protection alone and go after the real nuts.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Question Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    The NRA and gun manufacturers would like to arm all 12 year olds. Why stop there? Let's arm new borns too.

    This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is about a gun-crazed population and their paranoid fantasies.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    What are your references for such a statement?

    The NRA believes in safety training children who may encounter unattended guns, not arming them.

    You have gone over the deep end, friend, and are drowning in your own vitriol.
    Get a grip on reality, please.

    I know that you want to stop unnecessary killing of innocents, and so do I, and I admire you for that, but please do not stoop to falsehoods to support your obsession with gun control.

    As you quote:
    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
    How's your buffet? How's it feel to be hypocritical? Please wake up.

    With sincere love and Aloha,
    Last edited by Kaonohi; June 4th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  13. #913

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    The NRA believes in safety training children who may encounter unattended guns, not arming them.
    Thank you for putting forward facts. I do have problems with some of the NRA stances, but that does not mean that I think all of their programs are evil. Here is what the NRA website says about safety training children:
    The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program teaches children in pre-K through third grade four important steps to take if they find a gun. These steps are presented by the program's mascot, Eddie Eagle, in an easy-to-remember format consisting of the following simple rules:
    If you see a gun:
    STOP!
    Don't Touch.
    Leave the Area.
    Tell an Adult.
    The purpose of the Eddie Eagle Program isn't to teach whether guns are good or bad, but rather to promote the protection and safety of children. The program makes no value judgments about firearms, and no firearms are ever used in the program. Like swimming pools, electrical outlets, matchbooks and household poison, they're treated simply as a fact of everyday life. With firearms found in about half of all American households, it's a stance that makes sense.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

  14. #914

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Wink Re: Gun Control

    Now, here's an idea....

    STRICT CRIMINAL CONTROL NOW!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Gun Control

    On June 7, 'Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America' founder Shannon Watts said a good guy with a gun "has never" stopped a bad guy with a gun. But it does happen--and it happens all the time. On November 7 Breitbart News reported guns are used defensively an estimated 2,082 times a day in America. That's over 2,000 times a day a good guy with a gun acts to stop a bad guy armed with a weapon of some sort.

    Keep the good guys with guns to stop the bad guys with guns. Otherwise, the bad guys with guns will ALWAYS be there, and will cause even more unnecessary deaths of innocents.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Within the last week, three people were shot and at least one died in Seattle. Today, three people were killed (two of them armed and uniformed policemen) and the two perps committed suicide to boot in Las Vegas.

    Both Washington and Nevada have very lenient gun laws with "open carry' permitted, yet these kind of lenient laws and "in your face" weapon deployment do nothing to prevent this kind of crime. The principle of more guns will prevent this sort of carnage does not work in implementation. If highly trained policemen, in uniform, with open carry guns can't prevent themselves from becoming a victim, how is Glenn the Gun Nut going to prevent this from happening?

    This madness will end one day when sensible gun legislation is implemented. In the meantime craven gun nuts and their politicians and the representatives of the gun manufacturers, the NRA, are having their day. For those of you who tolerate and promote this kind of gun madness, enjoy your day because eventually we shall overcome. The day will come when guns are strictly controlled and there will be a more reasonable and scholarly interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

    Just like cigarettes, guns will eventually be strictly legislated and taxed to essentially make them meaningless once the society has had enough of the nonsense and too many people you know personally have suffered.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  18. #918

    Default Re: Gun Control

    You have the right to carry a gun in public. But, you have to be bare assed naked at the same time. It's the Second Amendment of the Right to Bare Ass.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Evidently Matapule has me on "ignore" because he can't face the Truth of over 2,000 rescues a day by "good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns."

    Matapule is like Faux News: All the news WE want you to hear, and to hello with the Truth!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Regarding the shooting in Las Vegas:

    "According to police, Walmart shopper Robert Wilcox, 31, was carrying a concealed weapon and confronted Jerad Miller. Wilcox was apparently unaware of Amanda Miller and when he walked by her to confront her husband, she shot him in the rib area." (Wilcox was shot dead)
    So much for the argument that MORE guns will prevent this type of lawlessness. The gun nuts are a fraud when they make the argument for MORE guns. More guns only facilitate more violence. TWO fully armed, highly trained police officers were shot dead. If police can't prevent this type of violence, then who can? WE CAN by calling out the craven gun nuts, their destructive agenda, the politicians who support them, and the terrorist organization that is the NRA (the lobbying and propaganda arm of the gun manufacturers). We shall prevail and the results are not going to make the gun nuts real happy.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    "Since the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been an average of 1.37 school shootings for each school week, according to data maintained by Everytown for Gun Safety, a group fighting to end gun violence.Including Tuesday's incident at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon, 74 school shootings have taken place in the approximately 18 months since the Dec. 14, 2012, Newtown shooting."

    When will the insanity stop? When will Hawai'i become part of the school shootings statistics? Your children and grandchildren are at risk, particularly at school, because of gun nuts. Anyone, whether gun nut or not, is responsible for the carnage when you vote for craven politicians who refuse to enact legislation to protect us from gun nuts including our children.

    How much more of this senseless violence are you willing to endure?

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    When will Hawai'i become part of the school shootings statistics?
    STRICT PEOPLE CONTROL NOW!
    Unlikely, because of our diverse (undiscriminated) population and our reasonable gun laws.

    We gotta get the nut jobs off the streets, is all. GUN CONTROL is PROVEN not to work (some of the most repressive states, like Connecticut, have tragedies!)

    It's nuts people who have access to guns, knives, ropes, wires, whatever. It's just that guns give more access to more victims.

    STRICT GUN REGULATION NOW.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  23. #923
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,933

    Thumbs down Re: Gun Control

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
    Sounds to me like Matapule.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  24. #924

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Unfortunately, the only thing that can stop school shootings is summer vacation.

  25. #925
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    "Since the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been an average of 1.37 school shootings for each school week, according to data maintained by Everytown for Gun Safety, a group fighting to end gun violence.Including Tuesday's incident at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon, 74 school shootings have taken place in the approximately 18 months since the Dec. 14, 2012, Newtown shooting."
    Well, wouldn't you know it! CNN investigated the quote above and they rated it as false. CNN says that there were ONLY 15 school shooting incidents over that 18 months. Hey that is good news, ONLY approximately one a month!!!!! But CNN did not count shootings resulting from arguments, suicides, and gang related to get to their 15 number. That's comforting that we ONLY had 15 shootings resulting from random shooters.

    This is how much of the media is pandering to the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut members. A school shooting is a school shooting regardless of the circumstances. And the quote above is correct, there were 74 school shootings in the last 18 months. Shame on CNN.

    Silence on this subject implies acquiescence. Vote out the craven politicians who support the terrorist organization NRA and their gun nut members.

    STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •