• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=664f0INxNbM

Nuff said!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Someone can make a fortune by inventing a bulletproof force field that can be purchase by people.

Comment

I left my gun home all this last month, and it didn't kill anyone.
        Going on two months now.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

STRICT PEOPLE CONTROL, NOW!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

• Re: Plastic Gun Control

Yes. Plastic guns should be illegal. One website I recently visited declaimed that plastic guns explode (deconstruct) when fired. GOOD plan.

I agree with current Hawai`i laws:" to purchase a gun, one must be a non-felon and have taken an extended gun safety course. Even those with violent misdemeanors are banned. Also vets with PTSD, (although that is unreasonable, as there are many forms of PTSD). And of course people with mental disease.

I disagree with concealed carry laws. How come bounty hunters get to carry, when trained civilians can't?

I ran into Dog's wife in an elevator at HPD, and asked why she could carry, she said she could cause she was a bounty hunter.
          ~ ~

Comment

Today's Seattle Times had an interesting story on an increase in concealed-carry permits being issued in Washington state, especially among women - many of whom cite personal safety as their prime reason.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...ryrisexml.html

Comment

You can't count on gun control, because criminals will always be able to get guns, especially after honest citizens are disarmed.

You can't count on the police, because they won't get there in time (if at all).

One has to rely on one's own self for protection - especially women.

Kudos to the State of Washington.

Thanks for the news report Leo.
              ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                Here is a blog post on the status of gun control in the various states: Changing Gun Laws at State Level.
                Looks like the will of the people, at least measured by political contributions, supports gun rights, not gun control.
                ~ ~

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...classmate.html

If those girls had guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Today's Seattle Times had an interesting story on an increase in concealed-carry permits being issued in Washington state, especially among women - many of whom cite personal safety as their prime reason.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...ryrisexml.html
                    If the intruder left when he encountered the victim and her dog,,,,,,,,,,why does the victim need a gun? Why does the victim need a "concealed carry" permit if the gun is just for personal safety? There is more to this story than the article reports.

Paranoia run amuck among gun nuts.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      The NRA and gun manufacturers would like to arm all 12 year olds. Why stop there? Let's arm new borns too.

This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is about a gun-crazed population and their paranoid fantasies.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        The NRA and gun manufacturers would like to arm all 12 year olds. Why stop there? Let's arm new borns too.

This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is about a gun-crazed population and their paranoid fantasies.
                        Why do you hate pre-teens and babies? Don't they deserve protection against killers?

No it's not, it's a reality and the public needs to protect it's self from the rampant nuts who don't care but to arm and kill en mass or to any lesser degree. The 'gun crazies' usually don't have any personal impact on society in general, they just like guns. Leave them and those who want protection alone and go after the real nuts.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
                          What are your references for such a statement?

The NRA believes in safety training children who may encounter unattended guns, not arming them.

You have gone over the deep end, friend, and are drowning in your own vitriol.
                          Get a grip on reality, please.

I know that you want to stop unnecessary killing of innocents, and so do I, and I admire you for that, but please do not stoop to falsehoods to support your obsession with gun control.

As you quote:
                          How's your buffet? How's it feel to be hypocritical? Please wake up.

With sincere love and Aloha,
                          Last edited by Kaonohi; June 4, 2014, 08:58 AM.
                          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                            The NRA believes in safety training children who may encounter unattended guns, not arming them.
                            Thank you for putting forward facts. I do have problems with some of the NRA stances, but that does not mean that I think all of their programs are evil. Here is what the NRA website says about safety training children:
                            The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program teaches children in pre-K through third grade four important steps to take if they find a gun. These steps are presented by the program's mascot, Eddie Eagle, in an easy-to-remember format consisting of the following simple rules:
                            If you see a gun:
                            STOP!
                            Don't Touch.
                            Leave the Area.
                            Tell an Adult.
                            The purpose of the Eddie Eagle Program isn't to teach whether guns are good or bad, but rather to promote the protection and safety of children. The program makes no value judgments about firearms, and no firearms are ever used in the program. Like swimming pools, electrical outlets, matchbooks and household poison, they're treated simply as a fact of everyday life. With firearms found in about half of all American households, it's a stance that makes sense.
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/jon-stewar...140400975.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OksV3SuJejY

The man with no name.

Comment

Now, here's an idea....

STRICT CRIMINAL CONTROL NOW!
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X