Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

An update just in case anybody is interested...the stand off went on for 10 hours then about 1:30 in the morning some tear gas was fired into the house, no response, a camera robot revealed a body, the guy had shot himself to death. It evidently all started with a car theft. During those 10 hours the neighbors couldn't leave their houses if they were in them and couldn't get into the neighborhood if they were away when it started. How exciting! I'd chose the margaritas, though. Who would chose a shoot out over margaritas?

So about 50,000 people got home real late because the shoot out was near the big freeway and lots of roads were closed. That must have been real nice. I wonder how many of them were devout NRA people and how many people NRA or not put 2 & 2 together and realized if the guy hadn't had a gun he would have been cuffed in the afternoon and they all would have been back home in time for dinner. Well, at least nobody got killed. Except the shooter, by suicide. At least this time. Still, I'd definitely opt for the margaritas over the shootout.

And this morning a shoot out on the Strip in Vegas. 3 deceased. See how exciting guns make life in America? The strip is closed down, that doesn't happen real often.
    Last edited by Kalalau; February 21, 2013, 04:24 AM.

Comment

More death threats against politicians who favor some form of gun control. It just proves how many gun nuts there are in society who should not own a gun. Take all their guns away; they are irresponsible and dangerous!

Strict gun control now!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• Ban Violent Media NOW!!!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        More death threats against politicians who favor some form of gun control. It just proves how many gun nuts there are in society who should not own a gun. Take all their guns away; they are irresponsible and dangerous!

Strict gun control now!
        Good idea. Then they will use easily available explosives, and instead of 20, they will kill hundreds.

We've seen it before.

What we really need is to decondition our youth from buying into the easy killing they are programmed for in their TV and video games.

Not only are video games teaching them how to 'acquire and eliminate targets,' (TARGETS, not PEOPLE - they turn people into TARGETS) it's teaching them to react without thinking, just like the military basic training does; it desensitizes them so they can kill fellow humans without any regrets. And teaches them to be accurate.

TV is just as bad. And we are to blame, by allowing adolescents to view these programming shows, games, etc.

Ban Violent Media NOW!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

• Re: Ban Violent Media NOW!!!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          Strict gun control now!
          Ban Violent Media NOW!
          Bravo! Agreement at last. The problem is too much individual freedom, and the cure is more government control.
          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
            Bravo! Agreement at last. The problem is too much individual freedom, and the cure is more government control.
            When the citizens don't exercise appropriate behavior and self control indicative of a civilized society then the government has an OBLIGATION to step in to protect the public health, safety, and welfare. The alternative is anarchy. If that's what you want Greg, then you might want to give Somalia a try. Guns galore there. Teabagger heaven!

Strict gun control now!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

When the citizens don't exercise appropriate behavior and self control indicative of a civilized society then the government has an OBLIGATION to step in to protect the public health, safety, and welfare. The alternative is anarchy.
              That's why we have a little thing called Marshall Law. It ain't to that level yet except in certain neighborhoods where gangs rule.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                That's why we have a little thing called Marshall Law. It ain't to that level yet except in certain neighborhoods where gangs rule.
                Ron, that's martial law, when the military takes control.

From wikipedia:

"Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis.

Martial law is usually imposed on a temporary basis when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, or provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread."
                ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                  Obamaocracy? With freedom and justice for the elite.
                  ~ ~

Comment

When the citizens don't exercise appropriate behavior and self control indicative of a civilized society then the government has an OBLIGATION to step in to protect the public health, safety, and welfare. The alternative is anarchy.
                    It's a scale:

Anarchy - Common Law - Free Democracy - Martial Law - Oligarchy - Tyrrany

Our Constitution provides for a free democracy - if we dismantle the Constitution without the will of the people behind it, it becomes either an oligarchy or a tyrrany, depending on the degree.

Let the PEOPLE decide.
                    ~ ~

Comment

• The real Marshall Law

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                      Ron, that's martial law, when the military takes control.
                      Not in my world!
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The alternative is anarchy. If that's what you want Greg, then you might want to give Somalia a try.
                        No, I understand. Really, I do. We must destroy freedom in order to save it.
                        Greg

Comment

Just Another Day

(Reuters) - Producers of a popular cable program about hunting and guns said on Saturday they were saddened by the "sudden untimely death" of the show's host, Gregory Rodriguez, who police said was shot to death in Montana by a man who later apparently killed himself.
                          Authorities in the resort town of Whitefish in northwestern Montana said Rodriguez, 43, host of "A Rifleman's Journal" on the Sportsman Channel and contributing editor at Guns & Ammo magazine, was killed by the husband of a woman with whom Rodriguez was meeting on Thursday night.
                          The unidentified woman told police that her husband, Wayne Bengston, entered the house where she and Rodriguez were visiting and shot and killed him before brutally beating her, Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said in a statement.
                          Bengston, 41, fled to a relative's house with the couple's 2-year-old son, who was later found unharmed. Authorities tracked Bengston to the couple's home in nearby West Glacier, where he was found dead early on Friday of what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, Dial said.
                          At a news conference on Friday, Dial said he did not believe Rodriguez was involved with Bengston's wife but that Bengston may have acted in a jealous rage.
                          The producers of Rodriguez's show said they were saddened by his "sudden untimely death."
                          "He truly epitomized Sportsman Channel's position of being a leader in the outdoors," Sportsman Channel spokeswoman Michelle Scheuermann said in a statement.
                          Rodriguez of Sugar Land, Texas, was an authority on firearms and hunting and owned an outfitting business that booked hunting trips to Africa.
                          He was a former vice president of the Houston Safari Club, a nonprofit group that advocates for wildlife conservation and sporting rights.
                          "A Rifleman's Journal" chronicled Rodriguez's global pursuit of big-game animals in Africa, Asia and Europe, according to the Sportsman Channel.
                          Rodriguez and his wife had two children, said the website of his Global Adventure Outfitters business.

Comment

Ban Jealousy NOW!

Jealousy is a form of insecure possession. If you love somebody, you encourage their happiness, not repress it.
                            Last edited by Kaonohi; March 10, 2013, 02:22 PM.
                            ~ ~

Comment

Sudden Untimely Death...sounds like a stroke or a heart attack, some natural cause. But wait! Oh yeah, it IS a natural cause! Somebody's going to be without a papa or a brother, maybe even without a son. Bad enough when it happens in a war but at least thats for some kind of purpose. I bet the family is hurting. Bad

Comment

Lopeti, this unstoppable movement for strict gun control is like the campaign to enact sensible control of smoking back in the early '70's. The gun lobby is using a lot of the same tactics the smoking lobby used back them. Rachel Maddow did a wonderful and revealing piece about the comparisons of the gun lobby and smoking lobby of 40 years ago on her show last week. I am in this campaign to enact strict gun control for the long haul, but unfortunately for me, I doubt I will be around 40 years from now to enjoy the fruits of that effort.

Matapule and uaifi had lunch with some Canadian friends yesterday (lobster). He said to me, "what is the problem with you Yanks and your fascination with guns" (he had no idea what my position was and presumed I owned guns too). He said that Canadians don't want or need guns where he lives (Vancouver). He said he was happy that he doesn't live in the US (although he likes Americans) if he had to live with a bunch of macho paranoids.

So Lopeti, keep up the fight. You are in the majority - around the world and in the US. Don't let a bunch of gun nuts take away your rights to live your life free of gun nuts. We shall overcome.

Strict gun control now!

Comment

Working...
                                X