Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Well I guess if one is interested in following statistics it might be interesting if Hawai'i's gunshot death rate rises along with rate of gun ownership. Hopefully not. Hopefully Hawai'i will remain a haven of peace and sanity. Compared to Alabama, Mississippi, Wyoming, Texas, and so many other places it is a paradise, no need to go imitating places like that.
    Amen!
    We ARE Paradise....
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Recently, there was another newspaper article detailing how gun ownership across the US results in less deaths, can't find it now, but it's one more bit of proof supporting sane gun ownership and it's bennies.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The problem is that ammo reloads cannot keep up

with the robust firepower of the power elite.

The shrews learned to escape the trampling dinosaurs by staying
        warm in small hobbit like homes.

When the snows of Narnia melted (and they did)!

those wee fellas went to work repopulating an earth probably scarred by large meteors
        and such.

The native intelligence of Lemurs is interesting because they are at the backbone of primate evolution.

They have large eyes.
        Last edited by lensperson; March 14, 2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Recently, there was another newspaper article detailing how gun ownership across the US results in less deaths, can't find it now, but it's one more bit of proof supporting sane gun ownership and it's bennies.
          You are like a Climate Change deny-er. You can always find some "unheard of" publication that publishes "irrefutable" proof that Climate Change is not occurring. However the preponderance of the evidence demonstrates just the opposite. I just read an article the other day by some screwball that "proves" that cigarettes don't cause cancer....people do! The same with guns and gun violence, you can always find some gun nut who will support a discredited position. It is just one more bit of proof of just how out of touch with reality gun nuts are.

Time to get real kaume'a. Strict gun control now!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I had a right wing talk show on the car radio last night, wow, how insane. I see where these truly strange opinions come from, they guy was saying our Marxist president wants to take away your guns, real emotional. And of course nothing to balance the incendiary opinions, no grounding in reality. I would like to think I support free speech. But all you get on radio: ALL you get, is right wing delusional BS like this. Where does it lead? In Germany it led to Hitler, in Russia to Stalin. Free speech seems, to me at least, to imply a balance. All opinion in one direction is not free speech. Its propaganda, just like Goebbels ran for Hitler. If this is all thats broadcast to millions of radio listeners no wonder people go nuts and bomb federal buildings, like Timothy McVeigh did. I think its wrong that the radio monopoly gets to make filthy lucre putting out such destructive BS. Granted they know their audience, they know what sells, but so what? The poison that drug dealers put out is illegal and that only harms the users, the poison that the radio monopoly puts out produced the OKC bombing, it put GW Bush in office (it sure helped)(the election was so close that without campaigning by the radio monopoly he couldn't have won) and that produced 9-11, 2 needless wars, national bankruptcy, etc. Screw the radio monopoly, the owners are every bit as evil as the nut cases they have given the public airwaves to.

Comment

But, Kalalau, like so many love to profuse, "all you gotta do is turn the channel". Problem solved... NOT.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              You are like a Climate Change deny-er. You can always find some "unheard of" publication that publishes "irrefutable" proof that Climate Change is not occurring. However the preponderance of the evidence demonstrates just the opposite.
              That's just your way of calling me stupid, which you derided when the tables were turned, but that's OK.
              I can probably dredge up the article (along with others) and you'll probably trash it further as you have with your errant 'preponderance of evidence'. You like to catagorize me as a gun nut and such, which is completly ludicris, so here's how we can get rid of all the guns... start by getting/keeping all of them out of illegal-minded hands. Once you manage that impossible task then we'll be more attuned to your message. Until then, you'll just be getting a sore finger.

Comment

That's just your way of calling me stupid, which you derided when the tables were turned, but that's OK.
                Ah Ron, I already admitted I'm stupid, but if you want to change the facts, that's fine.

I can probably dredge up the article (along with others) and you'll probably trash it further as you have with your errant 'preponderance of evidence'.
                Yep, probably will, because I cant let lies and misinformation go unchallenged.

You like to catagorize me as a gun nut and such, which is completly ludicris, so here's how we can get rid of all the guns...
                Ron, are your feelings hurt? If it makes you feel better, you can call me an anti-gun nut...........which I am proud to say I am (I am also anti-cigarette nut, anti-polution nut, anti-poverty nut, anti-Faux Gnus nut, oh the list goes on and on) and I am not being ludicris (sic)!

start by getting/keeping all of them out of illegal-minded hands. Once you manage that impossible task then we'll be more attuned to your message.
                Now we are on the same page. Other countries have done it and we can do it too! Where is your faith in America? We are not necessarily better than any other country but at least we should be equal to them. Yes, we can! Let's start by taking the guns away from all the illegal-minded hands of the NRA members. That will be a good start.

Until then, you'll just be getting a sore finger.
                Did you catch me sucking my thumb? It's a nasty habit I've never been able to kick. I have a severe overbite as a result.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Free speech seems, to me at least, to imply a balance.
                  Well, it doesn't imply that. If speakers must pass your balance test, speech is no longer free. Isn't that obvious?

Talk radio is notorious for hate speech. Putting up with it is the price we pay for living here, where we are rather unusual in the world for prizing free speech. The Skokie case illustrates this very well: http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu...-speech-skokie:
                  In 1978, the ACLU took a controversial stand for free speech by defending a neo-Nazi group that wanted to march through the Chicago suburb of Skokie , where many Holocaust survivors lived. The notoriety of the case caused some ACLU members to resign, but to many others the case has come to represent the ACLU's unwavering commitment to principle. In fact, many of the laws the ACLU cited to defend the group's right to free speech and assembly were the same laws it had invoked during the Civil Rights era, when Southern cities tried to shut down civil rights marches with similar claims about the violence and disruption the protests would cause.
                  Greg

Comment

Radio worked just fine with the Fairness Doctrine. In fact it functioned better. Not just in terms of providing listeners with reasonable opinions and alternatives, not just in terms of not stoking the flames of insanity, but in being inclusive. The right wing kukae on the air now is repellent, it drives listeners away. Begin by alienating the 35 % who consider themselves Democrats plus a big chunk of independents and moderate Republicans. Why is the Republican Party in so much trouble today? The radio industry is always pushing ridiculous candidates on the party, not reasonable people like Eisenhower but fools like that evil little maggot from Missouri with his nauseating concept of legitimate rape. My GOD what insanity. Radio is putting itself out of business. Good riddance. Romney's Bain Capital finances Clear Channel. Some Saudi prince finances Fox. Rev. Sun Myung Moon & The Moonies owned the Washington Times. These right wing people are pushing an agenda and you see the results in these mass shootings.

Comment

tonight on TV, the news says that gun purchases are up significantly, but gun crimes are WAY down.

Short-term statistics, but it reflects what pro-gun-sensible-people have been saying for YEARS!

"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Of course. I's just common sense!
                      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                      ~ ~
                      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Here's a real sad one. Seriously. From Georgia. A woman walking home with her 10 month old baby is accosted by kids with a gun, kids estimated to be between only 10 to 15 years old, the kids want to rob the mom, who has no money, they shoot the baby in the head, killing him. You will probably see it on the news, the mom is totally broken up as you'd expect. Part of the heavy price Americans pay for indulging the NRA its delusions and political might.

Comment

That story is so bad I don't want to believe its true. Maybe it isn't. No witnesses. Hmmm. The only thing that would make it worse was if the mother killed the kid herself. It does happen. In any event it shows the problem of having all those guns out there. Its hard, maybe impossible, to get them back once they're out there. And once they are out there just by statistics some are going to get into the hands of evil people or crazy people or normal people who go crazy or who get drunk or fly into an uncontrollable rage. Plus the inevitable accidents and kids playing. Etc. Is life really that tyrannical, that miserable & oppressed in Canada or Japan or Denmark, etc, without so many guns out there?

Comment

In any event it shows the problem of having all those guns out there. Its hard, maybe impossible, to get them back once they're out there. And once they are out there just by statistics some are going to get into the hands of evil people or crazy people or normal people who go crazy or who get drunk or fly into an uncontrollable rage.
                            Outlaw all guns and then those who have guns will all be outlaws.

Is life really that tyrannical, that miserable & oppressed in Canada or Japan or Denmark, etc, without so many guns out there?
                            All the Canadians I know (and I know a bunch) are very happy with their strict gun control and socialized medicine and no Tea Party.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              Outlaw all guns and then those who have guns will all be outlaws.
                              ...and then? JFC, you don't see the problem with that?

Comment

...and then? JFC, you don't see the problem with that?
                                Nope, I don't see any problem with that. Round up all those who refuse to surrender their guns and prosecute them for a felony.

Comment

Working...
                                X