Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Nope, I don't see any problem with that. Round up all those who refuse to surrender their guns and prosecute them for a felony.
    Sounds like tyranny to me. Maybe we can get Iraq and Libya to free us and hang Obama.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I just don't think its politically possible. There aren't the numbers there in terms of voters or votes in congress. Its the classic example, maybe the best example, of it being better to not let a problem start than to try to correct one once one exists. If its possible to restrict gun ownership ONLY to people who will do no harm with them, gun ownership is not a problem. But no human effort is ever 100 % secure. (The main objection to nuclear power: 99.999% safe is not enough given something like Fukushima or Chernobyl!) Safe reasonable responsible parents can slip up even with the best of intentions, we see it every week or so, where a little kid blows the head off a sister or brother or playmate or mom or dad or...etc. PBS reporting yesterday indicated public support for gun control is slipping. Even after Newtown, even after Aurora, Columbine, all the rest of them. To me it seems like a sickness that America will just have to continue to suffer with for the rest of its future. There are some problems that just won't be solved. I think bringing Israel & the Arabs to fruitful peace would be about as easy as getting guns out of America. Whats that bumper sticker, "from my cold dead hands" or something like that, it sums up the attitude of literally millions of gun owners. I wish it would go away or at least moderate, maybe it will someday. Doesn't seem like in the foreseeable future, though. "When will they ever learn, when will they ev-er learn?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        I just don't think its politically possible.
        That is what was said about smoking controls, yet it did happen. Continue to push for STRICT gun control, it will happen. It wont be easy with all the gun manufacturing money funding the lobbying efforts, but it will happen. This is going to be a long battle, but STRICT gun control will happen.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

This is going to be a long battle, but STRICT gun control will happen.
          Sadly, it won't be in our lifetimes.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            Sadly, it won't be in our lifetimes.
            I don't care if it is not in my lifetime. I am fighting for what is right and what is sane for future generations. The gun culture in the US IS going to end, sooner or later. Ron, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

be part of the problem or part of the solution.
              As long as the problem exists the solution is to be protected, not left to the mercy of those whom are the problem.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

not left to the mercy of those whom are the problem.
                Those that are the problem are the gun nuts and the NRA. A vast minority (the gun nuts) is not going to dictate national policy.

Why doesn't Canada, or Japan, or England, or a host of other countries don't have this problem with a fascination for the gun culture? We are indeed a backward country.

Comment

Time out for grammar check:
                  As long as the problem exists the solution is to be protected, not left to the mercy of those whom who are the problem.
                  Why doesn't don't Canada, or Japan, or England, or a host of other countries don't have this problem with a fascination for the gun culture?
                  (though the second one is a close call)
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                    Time out for grammar check:

(though the second one is a close call)
                    Right, and your the guy which says, "it is me."

Back on topic, STRICT gun control now! We were able to get the smoking problem under control, we can do the same for guns. It took time, patience, and persistence, but we did it before and we can do it again.

Comment

Back on topic, STRICT gun control now! We were able to get the smoking problem under control, we can do the same for guns. It took time, patience, and persistence, but we did it before and we can do it again.
                      I think this leaves room for a "smoking gun" comment....
                      ~ ~

Comment

• The American Public does NOT want Gun Control

Please look at this Internet survey by NewsMax.com:

NewsMax Survey

Government "of the people?" Not with power-grabbers in office.

~ ~

Comment

• Re: The American Public does NOT want Gun Control

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                          Please look at this Internet survey by NewsMax.com:

NewsMax Survey
                          Okay, I looked, but what's the point? Anyone can vote in those surveys, apparently, as many times as they want. We have no information about how (or whether) votes are tabulated. The results are meaningless.
                          Greg

Comment

• Re: The American Public does NOT want Gun Control

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                            Okay, I looked, but what's the point? Anyone can vote in those surveys, apparently, as many times as they want. We have no information about how (or whether) votes are tabulated. The results are meaningless.
                            Not true. Votes are keyed to email addresses; you cannot vote twice (unless you have numerous email addresses). If one could vote numerous times I am sure Nancy Pelosi would have 10,000 votes 'against' (on our dime, since she's a public official, paid for by our taxes).

The only thing is you must have access to 'newsmax.com.' Whether their readers are biased is anyone's guess.

It is as valid as any other poll, Greg. Certainly as valid as any of matapule's pronouncements.
                            ~ ~

Comment

That's you're not your (just for your edification, make no difference to me).

But wait! There's been a change! You went from "Ban Guns Now" to "Strict Gun Control now." I think we are coming close to agreement!
                              ~ ~

Comment

• Re: Paranoid Gun Control Enthusiasts

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                What? More details on that policy please, it does not make sense. I know that a felon can no longer possess a gun, but an ex-soldier cannot possess a gun?
                                Actually, I thought it was already law, but it's still being voted on in the Senate. Perhaps in Hawaii it's already a State law, for they denied me a purchase on that basis. I'm a disabled Combat Veteran. Because I was a minesweeper, I have what is called hypervigilance, and I often think I'm more capable than I am (which is how I broke my neck, literally), but they just toss it all into PTSD - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Many people have PTSD, from near accidents, rapes, robberies, etc., but veterans with PTSD (of any type, from any cause) are singled out, discriminated against, unfairly. In fact the label on the bill has the word "Veterans" in the title.
                                Sure will make things more difficult for recruiters!

"Yes, son, the Army/Marines/etc will make a man of you! As a veteran you will not only enjoy myriad benefits, subsidized home loans, the respect of your peers (hah! - *spit*), educational subsidies, etc. And if you talk to a mental health professional about your disturbing experiences in combat, you won't ever have to carry a gun again! (Aside: In fact, you won't be allowed to!)"

The bill in question is numbered H.R. 2640 in the House and S. 2084 in the Senate. It adds military vets onto the NICS rolls. The impact of the bill as argued, some say it will ban all veterans, some say it will only ban Vets who have had mental health appointments, others say it will only ban vets with PTSD or more serious mental issues.

"Veterans and Mental Health and the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System)

The danger of overbroad mental health disqualifiers is already clear to tens of thousands of veterans. Veterans and family members who receive benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and have simply had personal representatives appointed to manage those benefits are currently labeled as “mentally defective,” reported to NICS and barred from gun possession."
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; March 28, 2013, 03:05 PM.
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X