Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Homeless solutions

Default Re: Homeless solutions

I had a post typed and posted by request from Meta. The next screen asked me to login, which I did again. I looked for my post and can't find it anywhere. I typed a second and posted. Again, the next screen asked me to login again. Doing so again, I can't find my posting, either one.

An idiot keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. It is not happening a third time. It is 0138 hrs. I'm tired and my patience is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    My solution for professional panhandlers is to address the real problem, those who give them money. Dry up the source of their income and they will go away or find another source of income. Therefore I propose that anyone observed by law enforcement giving money to panhandlers be given a significant citation by law enforcement, maybe $1000. This will require additional law enforcement for stakeouts, but that would be funded by income from the citations.
    For the truly homeless with mental health issues of one type or another, I propose that the Federal government tax State governments (whether that State has a homeless issue or not) an equal amount to fund LOCKED mental health facilities where the homeless can receive professional counseling, guidance, and training for re-entry into society when appropriate. Some will never be able to pass the stringent requirements for re-entry and will become permanent wards of the government forever. This will be a very expensive program. It will be funded by a 2% tax on the wealthiest of the wealthy in the US, not on income, but their wealth. This tax will not impact the typical wage earner like on HT.
    the panhandlers aren't going away for the moment and not worth any focus cos that'll all be cared for when new smart communities of mini homes to house everybody are instituted, all the functional mentals and incorrigibles can be given a shot at 'normal', those who can't / refuse to cut it will sort themselves out fairly quickly from a more stable society and other agencies can handle them, preferably in positive ways. the bottom line on the vast majority of the homeless is they're hopeless as far as integrating back into a legit workforce capacity, that dream is actually folly cos at best they aren't work-reliable, and I'm talking about the most viable workers. I super'd a recycling operation in Iwilei near IHS where I recruited the cream of the crop workers, daily, cos they'd never be back the next day regardless of promises. it was good work & pay but none were considerable for serious jobs. while there are always exceptions* it's better / cheaper to just house them for free and give them help and opportunities to better themselves, forcing doesn't work in the long run, we need sustainable answers. the obvious problem is the ignorant public rages at the thot of FREE STUFF, even sensible people may freak at considering giving anything away to the needy, it's easy to be resentful, but they don't take into account the myriad benefits they and society soon gain which greatly supersede the $BILLIONS in investment costs. it's cheaper to take full care of those in need or on the edge than to do what we've done forever to our premature demise.
    *https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/25/teen...y5JjQTaznf5uMk
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; March 7th, 2020 at 09:10 AM.

The city does need taxpayer funded State help for mental health and behavior modification services. Don't want to pay to clean up the mess? Then stop complaining about the problem and live with it.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

The city does need taxpayer funded State help for mental health and behavior modification services. Don't want to pay to clean up the mess? Then stop complaining about the problem and live with it.
    you know that's mostly wasted money while the priority issues persist into infinity. I love spending effective $$ to solve and prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    you know that's mostly wasted money while the priority issues persist into infinity. I love spending effective $$ to solve and prevent.
    Says somebody with no experience.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Says somebody with no experience.
    I'd say I've provided tons of viable options despite your claim of 0 experience
    why are you so grumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I'd say I've provided tons of viable options despite your claim of 0 experience
    why are you so grumpy?
    I've told you from my considerable experience in government and politics (elected and appointed) your options are half-baked and haven't worked in the past and are an expensive failure. What experience do you have?

Why am I so grumpy? Ozium spray! Spreading nonsense on the Internet. you would be grumpy too if you were my age and the so-called president said that you should be willing to die from the virus in order to save the economy.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718