Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless solutions

Default Re: Homeless solutions

see how friggin easy when it's for people with $$$
    http://www.kitv.com/clip/14414599/ti...d-for-evacuees

Lightbulb Re: Homeless solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I have to commend First Assembly of God for spearheading this. But there were some interesting comments posted in the feedback to this article.

How are these homeless supposed to eat? No kitchen in the photos, and I have to assume the tiny black box is an “ultra-mini fridge.” I guess they will still depend on IHS and the River of Life Mission.

Maybe there will be a barbecue every night?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    I have to commend First Assembly of God for spearheading this. But there were some interesting comments posted in the feedback to this article.

How are these homeless supposed to eat? No kitchen in the photos, and I have to assume the tiny black box is an “ultra-mini fridge.” I guess they will still depend on IHS and the River of Life Mission.

Maybe there will be a barbecue every night?
    I understand there are shared bathroom facilities so that speculates towards the same for kitchen use, which really sucks, that lack of basics doesn't help represent any sense of home and lacks the teaching experiences many of these folks need to regain normal behavior in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    when you think it can't get any stupider...
    https://www.civilbeat.org/2018/11/hp...-the-homeless/
    Don’t know what’s stupid about it, Ron. As long as the homeless population continues to grow on O‘ahu, anyone trying to do something deserves praise.

The vast majority of us are struggling just to pay the bills — and haven’t the means, the space and/or the time to shelter this growing segment of our community. Meanwhile, more and more homeless are going to be arrested due to tougher City and County of Honolulu laws.

Hats off to HPD for being proactive in trying to minimize the line of people waiting to be handcuffed and booked.

Honolulu Cops Have Two Good Ideas To Help The Homeless

By Civil Beat Editorial Board / December 3, 2018

Honolulu’s stored property ordinance and sidewalk nuisance ordinance give the city the power to remove property in public places that causes safety hazards...

...sitting and lying down on public sidewalks is prohibited in more than a dozen commercial or industrial zones from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. They include Waikīkī, Chinatown, Iwilei, Kapālama, Ala Moana, ‘Āina Haina-Hawai‘i Kai, Wahiawā and Waimānalo.

It is also illegal to lie down at certain bus stops while city buses are running. And many parks have closure hours.

Cory Lum/Civil Beat

Trash piled up at A‘ala Park along King Street next to homeless tents and structures.

If Mayor Kirk Caldwell has his way, new laws would do two additional things to curb the homeless: clear sidewalks all over O‘ahu of homeless people and their belongings, and make it illegal to “lodge” on a sidewalk after a police officer offers a shelter bed and a ride to the shelter.
    Last edited by TuNnL; December 7th, 2018 at 03:44 AM. Reason: grammar, links

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Don’t know what’s stupid about it, Ron. As long as the homeless population continues to grow on O‘ahu, anyone trying to do something deserves praise.
    you kinda answered your own question...
    I'm for using funds instead towards eliminating the homeless population with homes

all this $$$ being spent and the best news didn't cost a cent....
    ''The governor also issued a new statewide emergency proclamation for homelessness Wednesday, a move that allows him to sidestep lengthy permitting and procurement processes to build the new shelters and housing units.''
    https://www.civilbeat.org/2018/12/ig...land/#comments

$10,000 ea. is reasonable, the City / State could probably get a great pax deal
    ''I have a few of these studio container home units available. These units can be set up side by side to make bigger units. Has electrical fan, 2 windows, one door. Comes collapsed.''
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Looks like Caldwell is a is a mini Trump when it comes to the truth.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

corrupt politics is why we'll always have homelessness https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/...uwqnDCxSuH6XKU
    Mark Alexander should never have been taken back on, he and the rest need to be independently investigated!

seems somebody has been listening with beer in their ear if they think charging rent will get most people off the streets, or that vulnerable cabanas are better than a secure modified shipping container home / complex, or that they can't do this cheaper than the minimum of $2million each. but at least they're finally pretending to hear... http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/03...Xqj6pfSjMmWe58

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast