Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Seen on TV Products

http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/truth...171800394.html

The only As seen on tv product I purchased was The Clapper.

Re: As Seen on TV Products

Another place to get the real dope on as-seen-on-tv products is Amazon. There are often user reviews there. After several bad experiences, I gave up on ordering things from tv ads. Of the things in the Good Housekeeping list, the only one I know about is the Ninja blender, which I like a lot (I have a different model -- QB900B).
    Greg

Comment

Two products that I am interested in are...
      The hurrycane for Mom.
      And the wax_vacuum_ear_cleaner for my wife and I.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        And the wax_vacuum_ear_cleaner for my wife and I.
        We're not supposed to put a Q-tip in our ear tunnel to clean any wax. But we all do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          We're not supposed to put a Q-tip in our ear tunnel to clean any wax. But we all do it.
          The WaxVac got bad reviews on Amazon, but those reviews seem to have disappeared. The complaints were mostly that there was too little vacuum to actually get wax out. I bought a Rhino Ear Washer Bottle System instead, which got good user reviews. So far, I've only used it twice and haven't yet gotten much wax out. It's essentially just an expensive squirt bottle with a trigger, like you get with kitchen cleaners or Windex, but it has a thin little tube at the output end that you stick into your ear, then squirt warm water until, theoretically, the wax is dislodged.
          Greg

Comment

Not I! It's too easy to push wax further into the canal or damage the ear drum. That, and my ear doc is hot!!!

Comment

The Japanese use a little spoon-shaped piece of bamboo designed specifically for the task called a mimikaki. I don't know how many Japanese Americans use mimikakis, but most of my extended family here does.

Comment

There are some who say it is bad to remove ear wax. I'm not one of them, but I've had friends who have told me that ear wax is good for the body. They have a purpose. They're probably right, but I just feel good when some of it is removed. I don't know why.

Comment

Too bad we can't just clap-on wax-out. It feels too good massaging the ear canal with a Qtip to not risk it.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    It feels too good massaging the ear canal with a Qtip to not risk it.
                    Speaking of that, in Japan (where you don't have to look too hard to find something REALLY weird), there are ear-cleaning salons where you can pay a young woman to clean your ears for you.

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/life/new...d-tokyo-878557

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                      the wax is dislodged.
                      Where does the wax go?

Comment

The greatest As Seen On TV product?

Mr. Microphone

It's practical!
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Where does the wax go?
                          The clumps of wax will be in the stream of water that's coming out of the ear you're squirting water into. That will go wherever you've arranged for it to go. They sell a little plastic basin-like cup to catch it, or you can just lean over your basin, or you can do it in your shower. I lean over my basin.
                          Greg

Comment

Magic Bullet: http://www.buythebullet.com/index.ph...FUjZQgod8gcA4A

Nutri Bullet: http://www.nutribullet.com/

I am not sure what the difference is between the 2, other than maybe the wattage, but, my hubby bought the magic bullet, & it works great, & we love it!!, plus the fact that, it is soo easy to clean .

I got this George Foreman Champ Grill as a Christmas Gift, & I Love it!!.

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/...ck-gr10cb.aspx,

it comes with a plastic catcher, to catch the oil drippings, & a plastic non scratchable scraper , it works greats !!. I Love it!!.

I got those space bags: https://www.spacebag.com/22/index.dtm?mid=563894, AND let me tell you...

I just love them!!. They helped us big time for my hubby & I, when we went on a trip.

Although with the space bags, once you get on your destination trip, you have to make sure that the place you are staying in, also has a Vacuum Cleaner, other wise, if they don't have, you just either make do, & squeeze the air yourself.
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Musical artists who sold records through tv ads were Julio Igelsis, the pan flute musical artist, and the singer who yodel.

Comment

Working...
                              X