Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As Seen on TV Products

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
    There are some who say it is bad to remove ear wax. I'm not one of them, but I've had friends who have told me that ear wax is good for the body. They have a purpose. They're probably right, but I just feel good when some of it is removed. I don't know why.
    What?? I can't hear you! Guess I'm going deaf...
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Musical artists who sold records through tv ads were Julio Igelsis, the pan flute musical artist, and the singer who yodel.
      For the last two, are you thinking of Zamfir & Slim Whitman?

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          There are some who say it is bad to remove ear wax. I'm not one of them, but I've had friends who have told me that ear wax is good for the body. They have a purpose. They're probably right, but I just feel good when some of it is removed. I don't know why.
          Personally, I am the same way, that I feel better about cleaning my ears after showering the old fashion q-tips way.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-chia!
            http://www.chiapet.com/

I don't remember where & when I saw it, but it was on tv once, & they said that you can actually purchase the same seeds in an organic store (which is better), & grow it on the ceramic Chiapet, (follow the directions), & you can use it, & eat it or cook with it, or what ever & how ever. It was just pretty interesting that I heard that, & thought I would pass it on.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

My Mom used to have us lie down, with our heads on her lap (one at a time, of course, and she'd pour hydrogen peroxide into our ears. The ticklish bubbles could be felt all the way to the kidneys (if you know what I mean). Then we'd simply change to the other ear, and/or turn our heads onto a towel placed to catch the 'drippings'.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can't remember which local newscaster reporter did segments on using these 'as seen on tv products" on the newscast.

Comment

Excellent point. .

Concentrated hydrogen peroxide was used to fuel experimental u-boats

and later, hybrid jet/ rocket prototypes immediately post war.

Comment

I can't remember which local newscaster reporter did segments on using these 'as seen on tv products" on the newscast.
                    I believe it was Lyle Galdeira who started the "Does It Work?" feature on KHNL news. Lyle is long gone from the station, but the segment has continued on through the years with other reporters.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I saw this recently on tv, I don't know, but it sure does looks good, & looks better than the magic bullet that I have at home.

If I see it else where, at a cheaper price, I may get it,

NINJA MEGA KITCHEN SYSTEM
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                        I like my Ninja blender for making smoothies, but it's much smaller and cheaper ($45) than the one you're looking at. Mine occupies no counter space, since the two 6" high pieces fit in my cupboard, even plugged in.

Your model is 1500 watts, but you might take a look at these negative comments on 1100 watt Ninja.
                        Last edited by GregLee; January 3, 2013, 12:30 PM.
                        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                          [...]
                          Your model is 1500 watts, but you might take a look at these negative comments on 1100 watt Ninja.
                          If you're still interested, Serenity, I saw the 1100 model at Costco Iwilei today for a few pennies less than $120.00.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                            I like my Ninja blender for making smoothies, but it's much smaller and cheaper ($45) than the one you're looking at. Mine occupies no counter space, since the two 6" high pieces fit in my cupboard, even plugged in.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            If you're still interested, Serenity, I saw the 1100 model at Costco Iwilei today for a few pennies less than $120.00.
                            WOW!!. Thanks Greg , I will either get the same one that you got, or the one that tutusue pointed out in Costco.

I'm sure either way, I can't go wrong with it . Thanks Greg & tutusue
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                              WOW!!. Thanks Greg , I will either get the same one that you got, or the one that tutusue pointed out in Costco.
                              Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that the one I got was better than the model you were looking at. Probably the bad things people had to say about the 1100 model, they would also say about mine. The 1500 model has a 2 hp motor -- that's powerful! It might handle raw vegetables better than the 1100 one, or mine. (It wouldn't matter to me, since I don't put things like spinach in my smoothies. Yuck.)
                              Greg

Comment

It was interesting to read about how poorly the Ninja 1100 handled spinach and kale. I'm one of those people who loves green smoothies and I have a much lower powered blender. It pulverizes the greens to a smooth texture. I guess, for the Ninja, it might be a blade issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X