Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As Seen on TV Products

Default As Seen on TV Products

http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/truth...171800394.html

The only As seen on tv product I purchased was The Clapper.

Default Re: As Seen on TV Products

Another place to get the real dope on as-seen-on-tv products is Amazon. There are often user reviews there. After several bad experiences, I gave up on ordering things from tv ads. Of the things in the Good Housekeeping list, the only one I know about is the Ninja blender, which I like a lot (I have a different model -- QB900B).
    Greg

Post Re: As Seen on TV Products

Two products that I am interested in are...
    The hurrycane for Mom.
    And the wax_vacuum_ear_cleaner for my wife and I.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune Man View Post
    And the wax_vacuum_ear_cleaner for my wife and I.
    We're not supposed to put a Q-tip in our ear tunnel to clean any wax. But we all do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    We're not supposed to put a Q-tip in our ear tunnel to clean any wax. But we all do it.
    The WaxVac got bad reviews on Amazon, but those reviews seem to have disappeared. The complaints were mostly that there was too little vacuum to actually get wax out. I bought a Rhino Ear Washer Bottle System instead, which got good user reviews. So far, I've only used it twice and haven't yet gotten much wax out. It's essentially just an expensive squirt bottle with a trigger, like you get with kitchen cleaners or Windex, but it has a thin little tube at the output end that you stick into your ear, then squirt warm water until, theoretically, the wax is dislodged.
    Greg

Not I! It's too easy to push wax further into the canal or damage the ear drum. That, and my ear doc is hot!!!

The Japanese use a little spoon-shaped piece of bamboo designed specifically for the task called a mimikaki. I don't know how many Japanese Americans use mimikakis, but most of my extended family here does.

There are some who say it is bad to remove ear wax. I'm not one of them, but I've had friends who have told me that ear wax is good for the body. They have a purpose. They're probably right, but I just feel good when some of it is removed. I don't know why.

Too bad we can't just clap-on wax-out. It feels too good massaging the ear canal with a Qtip to not risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    It feels too good massaging the ear canal with a Qtip to not risk it.
    Speaking of that, in Japan (where you don't have to look too hard to find something REALLY weird), there are ear-cleaning salons where you can pay a young woman to clean your ears for you.

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/life/new...d-tokyo-878557

Quote Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
    the wax is dislodged.
    Where does the wax go?

The greatest As Seen On TV product?

Mr. Microphone

It's practical!
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Where does the wax go?
    The clumps of wax will be in the stream of water that's coming out of the ear you're squirting water into. That will go wherever you've arranged for it to go. They sell a little plastic basin-like cup to catch it, or you can just lean over your basin, or you can do it in your shower. I lean over my basin.
    Greg

Thumbs up Re: As Seen on TV Products

Magic Bullet: http://www.buythebullet.com/index.ph...FUjZQgod8gcA4A

Nutri Bullet: http://www.nutribullet.com/

I am not sure what the difference is between the 2, other than maybe the wattage, but, my hubby bought the magic bullet, & it works great, & we love it!!, plus the fact that, it is soo easy to clean .

I got this George Foreman Champ Grill as a Christmas Gift, & I Love it!!.

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/...ck-gr10cb.aspx,

it comes with a plastic catcher, to catch the oil drippings, & a plastic non scratchable scraper , it works greats !!. I Love it!!.

I got those space bags: https://www.spacebag.com/22/index.dtm?mid=563894, AND let me tell you...

I just love them!!. They helped us big time for my hubby & I, when we went on a trip.

Although with the space bags, once you get on your destination trip, you have to make sure that the place you are staying in, also has a Vacuum Cleaner, other wise, if they don't have, you just either make do, & squeeze the air yourself.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Musical artists who sold records through tv ads were Julio Igelsis, the pan flute musical artist, and the singer who yodel.

Wink Re: As Seen on TV Products

Quote Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
    There are some who say it is bad to remove ear wax. I'm not one of them, but I've had friends who have told me that ear wax is good for the body. They have a purpose. They're probably right, but I just feel good when some of it is removed. I don't know why.
    What?? I can't hear you! Guess I'm going deaf...
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Musical artists who sold records through tv ads were Julio Igelsis, the pan flute musical artist, and the singer who yodel.
    For the last two, are you thinking of Zamfir & Slim Whitman?

Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Quote Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
    Personally, I am the same way, that I feel better about cleaning my ears after showering the old fashion q-tips way.
    Aches & Pains

Ch-ch-ch-chia!
    http://www.chiapet.com/

I don't remember where & when I saw it, but it was on tv once, & they said that you can actually purchase the same seeds in an organic store (which is better), & grow it on the ceramic Chiapet, (follow the directions), & you can use it, & eat it or cook with it, or what ever & how ever. It was just pretty interesting that I heard that, & thought I would pass it on.
    Aches & Pains

My Mom used to have us lie down, with our heads on her lap (one at a time, of course, and she'd pour hydrogen peroxide into our ears. The ticklish bubbles could be felt all the way to the kidneys (if you know what I mean). Then we'd simply change to the other ear, and/or turn our heads onto a towel placed to catch the 'drippings'.

I can't remember which local newscaster reporter did segments on using these 'as seen on tv products" on the newscast.

Excellent point. .

Concentrated hydrogen peroxide was used to fuel experimental u-boats

and later, hybrid jet/ rocket prototypes immediately post war.

I can't remember which local newscaster reporter did segments on using these 'as seen on tv products" on the newscast.
    I believe it was Lyle Galdeira who started the "Does It Work?" feature on KHNL news. Lyle is long gone from the station, but the segment has continued on through the years with other reporters.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Thumbs up Re: As Seen on TV Products

I saw this recently on tv, I don't know, but it sure does looks good, & looks better than the magic bullet that I have at home.

If I see it else where, at a cheaper price, I may get it,

NINJA MEGA KITCHEN SYSTEM
    Aches & Pains

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast