Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's ban guns successfully, as the Australians have!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's ban guns successfully, as the Australians have!

Australia has had NO new massacres since the government decided to confiscate and destroy all firearms. I think we can learn from their example.

I'm sure Matapule will jump on the bandwagon... NO MASSACRES!!!!!!!!

Here is the report on the unprecedented success of the Australian Government, and the reasons we should follow in their shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

This shows the successes that happen when guns are OUTLAWED!

Thanks, Matapule, for steering us to the truth.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Let's ban guns successfully, as the Australians have!

Wish I knew what station/program aired this?

Regular people and authorities speaking on the truth of what has happened since the banning many types of guns. Also what has started and is believed to end in a total ban... of handguns, etc. Please folks listen/watch this video.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      Wish I knew what station/program aired this?

Regular people and authorities speaking on the truth of what has happened since the banning many types of guns. Also what has started and is believed to end in a total ban... of handguns, etc. Please folks listen/watch this video.
      Nice try, but SNOPES has found that the "information" presented in these Australian videos is FALSE.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Snopes opinion... http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp.

Okay the video presented above is not ALL encompassing.
        Read the whole thing including the very last paragraph to get the total point.
        Nothing was proven to be false from the individual speaker's viewpoints I believe.

Statistics presented by both sides can never tell the whole story... agreed?
        Individual stories count within the statistical totals.

Comment

Snopes opinion... http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp.

Okay the video presented above is not ALL encompassing.
          Read the whole thing including the very last paragraph to get the total point.
          Nothing was proven to be false from the individual speaker's viewpoints I believe.

I agree. Matapule sees only that which supports his imaginary reality, and ignores honest and truthful statistics. A man wih a mission. He has shown he will lie if it furthers his cause. He has, several times.

Ultimately it comes down to you.

There are those who will not give up their personal guns from what I see are constitutional AND common sense reasons.

Then there are those who would take your weapons away from you despite the FACT that you have never committed a crime.

The second phrase is unreasonable.

Most gun owners secure their firearms aginst theft or "borrowing." An uneducated few do not.

We require education for driver's licences, as we should for gun ownership. It's time to make things equal, not 'special interest.'

Don't knuckle under to the pro-gun or anti-gun crazies. USE your OWN mind.

YOU know when it's right to protect yourself. YOU know that guns need to be out of the hands of crazies; Gun nuts, anti-gun-nuts, etc. The decisions belong in the hearts and minds of people who can be totally objective.

That does NOT include anyone here. (Obviously)
          Last edited by Kaonohi; January 15, 2013, 06:28 PM. Reason: Matapule is going off the deep end.
          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Nice try, but SNOPES has found that the "information" presented in these Australian videos is FALSE.
            WRONG! You are A LIAR! Snopes found the information 'mixed,' i.e., some truth and some misinterpretation.

YOU ARE LOSING IT, Matapule. Looks like you need a long, stress-free vacation to get your head back in order.
            ~ ~

Comment

I agree. I can't find any claim in the Snopes article that there was any false information in the email from Ed Chenel.
              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                I agree. I can't find any claim in the Snopes article that there was any false information in the email from Ed Chenel.
                You didn't read the whole synopsis then. They said that "liars figure and the figures lie." I didn't say it, they did. The "information" in these chain emails and videos about the increase in gun violence in Australia is statisticaly insignificant and manipulated to promote false conclusions. The fact that you might have a barking dog in your neighborhood today but not yesterday, you could say that the incidence of barking dogs increased 100% today and therefore everyone should purchase earplugs to combat the problem. In fact, you should be looking at the statistics from a broader perspective in order to be statistically significant. Therefore the conclusions offered are false.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

If I were to say that the moon is blue from my viewpoint, that does not make the moon blue.

I do not agree. Statistics DO tell the whole story. However you cannot present anecdotal (individual) stories as being statistically significant. You cannot present data from a small sampling in a specific and insulated data base and then extrapolate to the population at large. I did pay attention to Professor Wu (visiting professor from China) as he lectured about the breaking strength of "pricks" during my statistics classes.

The NRA is to statistics as Faux Gnus is to news. Their conclusions based on their "statstics" are completely false. There is no useful purpose to watch their propaganda (videos) unless you want to be like the typical Faux Gnus viewer...........uninformed.

Comment

If I were to say that the moon is blue from my viewpoint, that does not make the moon blue.

I do not agree. Statistics DO tell the whole story. However you cannot present anecdotal (individual) stories as being statistically significant. You cannot present data from a small sampling in a specific and insulated data base and then extrapolate to the population at large. I did pay attention to Professor Wu (visiting professor from China) as he lectured about the breaking strength of "pricks" during my statistics classes.

The NRA is to statistics as Faux Gnus is to news. Their conclusions based on their "statstics" are completely false. There is no useful purpose to watch their propaganda (videos) unless you want to be like the typical Faux Gnus viewer...........uninformed.
                    You are soooo full of $#*+. Guess there's no way to have a real conversation with you. Don't worry you wont see any more responses from me concerning anything you write.
                    I'm done wasting time with you...

Comment

The fact that you might have a barking dog in your neighborhood today but not yesterday, you could say that the incidence of barking dogs increased 100% today and therefore everyone should purchase earplugs to combat the problem.
                      In your analogy, the report that "the incidence of barking dogs increased 100%" is true, not false. The conclusion "everyone should purchase earplugs" is not the sort of statement that can be false, since it's a recommendation. Maybe it doesn't follow, maybe it is unwise. You may quarrel with such conclusions, but it is misleading to call them "false". (But it is also wrong to say you are lying when you do -- you're simply mistaken.)
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                        In your analogy, the report that "the incidence of barking dogs increased 100%" is true, not false.
                        You cannot extrapolate that one incident to then say that Hawai'i and the US experienced a 100% increase in barking dogs in one day. That's what the chain emails and videos try to do when speaking of gun violence in Australia. The conclusion is false.

it is misleading to call them "false".
                        The conclusion IS false if you try to extrapolate a small and isolated sample into a larger data base.

Comment

You are soooo full of $#*+. Guess there's no way to have a real conversation with you. Don't worry you wont see any more responses from me concerning anything you write.
                          I'm done wasting time with you...
                          So much for the spirit of aloha. If you can't present a logical counter-argument then attempt to insult them with bombastic rhetoric. This is the SECOND time you said you are leaving........time will tell.

Comment

As Crocodile Dundee would say, "That's not a knife, Now this is a knife."

Comment

Statistics DO tell the whole story.
                              Absolutely wrong! Data tell the whole story (but only if the data is complete); statistics are massaged data to present a part of the story you want told.

Data are facts, statistics are tales with a factual basis.

Conclusions based on statistics are twice removed from facts in the hierarchy of Reality.
                              Last edited by salmoned; January 22, 2013, 04:55 PM.
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X