Military bases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Military bases?

Okay, if you are in parking lot of the main PX, and facing it, to your far left, just to the right of the PXtra garden center, is a Burger King. Then...face the PXtra garden center, which is perpendicular to main PX, and to the left of the garden center, almost on the street there that ran past the Scout Hut, is a Popeye's Chicken. There is also a food court in the same building as the PX, nothing fancy, but has Dunkin Donuts, Ice cream, forget the name, Pizza Place, subsandwich place, and I think even something else, all very small and pretty old setting, but a nice selection for hunger, or the munchies.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
      There is also a food court in the same building as the PX, nothing fancy, but has Dunkin Donuts, Ice cream, forget the name, Pizza Place, subsandwich place, and I think even something else, all very small and pretty old setting, but a nice selection for hunger, or the munchies.
      Baskin Robbins and Robin Hood sandwiches. At least that's what was there when I was there 3 1/2 years ago.
      Send POI

Comment

504.71 roundtrip in Dec.!!!!
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Congratulations!! Hope you get to memory trip a lot while here. This is a very cool christmas gift you are giving yourself.

Comment

Oh, i didnt buy tickets, just priced to find it is alot less than i thought. I have to find out how i would be able to get on base (if even possible) first because there would be no need in coming unless i knew that.......

Comment

Oh! that is true, and I wish you well. Guess your dad isn't retired military, eh? Sorry to rush but already have spent more time here than I had, and it's getting late. wishing you well~

Comment

No, he didnt retire. We went to Augusta, GA after a month at home for the holidays. Got a VA home in Augusta in 81 (someone somewhere else said she would find the place and snap a shot but didnt, lol) because housing wasnt available on Ft. Gordon. Grandma was diagnosed with cancer back here at home in 83, the army wouldnt transfer him back here somewhere so he got a discharge. I dont know what his *job* or whatever was but I remember they werent treating him real well anyway with some weight issues so I guess it wasnt a big loss. Grandma lived until 97 by the way.

Comment

After wrong numbers and calling the library and searching more online, i finally found a working number and was told it is as simple as handing them my idea at the entrance of Lyman Gate, letting them search me out/run warrant type thing maybe and off I go! I might be on a moped or motorcycle however, lol but we'll see!!!!!!! OMG, i cant waiiiiiitt!!!!

Comment

Non military visiting a base?

I was told all i had to do was show ID to get on base and if that is true then i am curious to know if i would be able to shop at the PX or commisary as a non-military person. Karen would know but I guess she is no longer visiting here.

Comment

I think it depends on the base and on what "alert level" is in place at the time. I know that I've been able to get onto "open posts" (i.e. Hale Koa) with just my state driver's license, and have driven onto Kaneohe with such an I.D. check as well. Heck, for major events, Kaneohe's been wide open, without even a cursory glance at the gate!

However, I'm pretty sure you can't make use of base ameneties - including the commissary and PX, and rental/use of facilities - without a military ID.

Comment

I used to watch them, they barely looked up sometimes.........i hope that it goes that way for me, all i wanna do is see the ole homestead, lol.......i have pics of the area that i will be carrying with me but my mom has this hilarious notion that i am gonna get pitched in jail when they find me walking along the sidewalk behind where we lived or whatever. I'm like *mom!* Good lord, its not like i am planting bombs.

Comment

Hi, Memory!

Been very busy this month, but glad I found your last few posts. Our 20yr. old daughter moved back home from California the first part of Oct, and I hadn't seen her in over a year, so I haven't been online much, except for email, news & the forum I moderate at, and then only enough to feel I contributed. Wow, life is good, we are a family of four again, and the weeks are flying by.

No, you can't shop on base without a valid military ID. You can eat at the fast food places, but nothing else. I am so dang glad for you that you get to come here. I know it'll mean a lot to you.

Glad I peeked in, and they say dinner is ready, so I best close the window here & put this thing to sleep. You are still welcome to email me if you still have the addy. Have a safe election and holiday season.

God bless~

Comment

I can strike up conversations with the best of them, lol.........then i'll ask someone if they'll just run my stuff thru with theirs and hand them some cash, tehhehe.........i'm only half kidding.
                            Thats cool about your daughter moving back! Most people would be saying there goes my sewing/rec/spare room, lol.
                            My brother kind of invited himself along but thats okay i guess, i'll have someone to rant about everything too. Oh lord, i cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi I am new to this site. I use to live in Hawaii. I left the Islands in 1985. I lived in Makaha. I fell in love with Hawaii and its culture. I now live in El Paso, Texas. My husband is Navy Reserve. This is his 2nd tour over there. It is good to be intouch with people that share my same interest and love for the culture and aloho spirit. Once you have experienced this it never leaves your soul.

A hui ho,

Kenike

Comment

Working...
                              X