Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating what you cook

Can you?

I can't. The entire process from start to finish of preparing (cleaning, cutting, peeling, etc.) to cooking - all the while TASTING for proper seasoning, etc. - to plating and clean-up? After that, I lose almost complete interest in the dish I just lovingly prepared for my guest(s). From the smell to the taste to the look, after it's all said and done on the table, I want nothing of it. Everyone always asks, "Aren't you going to sit down and eat with us?". To which I always refuse, excusing myself to kitchen duty clean-up.

On the other had, food that someone else cooks for me always tastes so ONO! Thankfully I get those praises when others taste my cooking.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Eating what you cook

I have to say that yes I eat what I cook mainly because I am cooking for myself anyway.

The main reason why I don't cook all the time is the clean up afterwards that turns me off.

Comment

Welcome to my world. . . by the time it is all said and done (the cooking/serving) I would rather have a cold beverage and a sandwich later or something.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Though I have often seen it recommended that you cook what you eat, I find eating what you cook much preferable. If you try to cook what you eat, it's very messy getting the stuff back out of your tummy and into the skillet. Yuck.
        Greg

Comment

Totally get what you guys are saying. When I'm cooking for others, I'm sick of the food I've made by the time I present it. This is especially true at a potluck, where I'm hoping my dish will be popular but reluctant to take any of it for myself because I just don't want it anymore.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I can so relate, Pomai, and I cook almost entirely for myself and on very rare occasion for others.

Comment

I would LOVE to post/share some recipes, but having the 3 .img per post rule makes it a PITA to post a comprehensive recipe thread.

I do tend to make what I KNOW will be great leftovers, if not BETTER than the night before.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Oh, Tatt, you mentioned the secret word...leftovers! All leftovers are good, afaic! Even salad! When I cook, I cook in bulk and freeze in individual portions or assemble home cooked TV dinners. But I never eat one of those meals on the day I cook it. So tired of it already! I'm ready for one after a couple of days. And here I thought I was the only one with this cooking quirk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I cook almost entirely for myself and on very rare occasion for others.
                  Tutu, you can cook anything and I will scarf it up (well, I don't eat menudo or Spotted Owl). Wha time dinnah tonight?

I make a good mac an cheez outa da box (jus follow directions). I like a lil' steamed broccoli mised in wit it.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    I make a good mac an cheez outa da box (jus follow directions). I like a lil' steamed broccoli mised in wit it.
                    I can't even eat a ready-to-serve frozen TV dinner if I deboxed it, punched the holes in the plastic seal, put it in the microwave and set the time myself. Someone else has to put it the nuker for me, or it's a no-go. I ain't havin' it.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                    X