Nice Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Timing

I heard the Republican Saturday radio address driving around this morning. Topic was how wonderful the Keystone Pipeline would be, how everybody wants it. Somehow they missed that whatever comes down the pipeline goes to the international market. But who cares about little details like that. So when I get home the lead story on the computer is the rupture of a crude oil pipeline in Arkansas, neighborhoods being evacuated, the water supply, a lake, being polluted. I like Canada, I really do, and I like Vancouver. If the US doesn't build the Keystone Pipeline, Canada will build one to Vancouver and the oil will enter the international market there. True, there will be some jobs associated with the project. But not a whole lot and as we see in Arkansas today, there are environmental dangers. Of course we're not supposed to care about the environment, its supposed to be some elitist librl issue, nothing like the habitability of your neighborhood or availability of drinking water--safe drinking water--ever makes it into the discussion. Good luck, Arkansas!
Working...
X