Beneficial Properties of Cannabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beneficial Properties of Cannabis

myscienceacademy.org/2012/09/28/the-data-is-very-strong-marijuana-plant-extract-stops-cancers-from-spreading/

A link to a story reporting that cannabis ingredients seem to stop or at least slow down forms of cancer.

Re: Beneficial Properties of Cannabis

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    A link to a story reporting that cannabis ingredients seem to stop or at least slow down forms of cancer.
    Yeah, slow it in mice. There's not much here:
    The team from the California Pacific Medical Center, in San Francisco, first spotted its potential five years ago, after it stopped the proliferation of human breast cancer cells in the lab.

Last year they published a study that found a similar effect in mice. Now they say they are on the verge of publishing further animal study results that expand these results further.
    Greg

Comment

I can't help but put it in a political context. Prosecutors continue shutting down dispensaries. Congress took out an assault weapons ban, not even going to consider it. Tobacco, just fine, its even subsidized. Or at least it was, maybe not any more, though oil is even with their obscene gargantuan profits. I guess if cannabis killed people it would be legal. The unhealthy or deadly stuff is all just fine. To secure the blessings of liberty. The pursuit of happiness. So wrong. When the prosecutors go after a dispensary they always remind the sheep that some people are using cannabis for fun. So shutting down the dispensary is far more important than keeping assault weapons away from crazy people. This really is a crazy society. Really. No doubt about it. Stompin bat sheet crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
        Yeah, slow it in mice. There's not much here:
        Because mice have NEVER been used in medical testing that resulted in trickling down to humans
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
          I can't help but put it in a political context. Prosecutors continue shutting down dispensaries. Congress took out an assault weapons ban, not even going to consider it. Tobacco, just fine, its even subsidized. Or at least it was, maybe not any more, though oil is even with their obscene gargantuan profits. I guess if cannabis killed people it would be legal. The unhealthy or deadly stuff is all just fine. To secure the blessings of liberty. The pursuit of happiness. So wrong. When the prosecutors go after a dispensary they always remind the sheep that some people are using cannabis for fun. So shutting down the dispensary is far more important than keeping assault weapons away from crazy people. This really is a crazy society. Really. No doubt about it. Stompin bat sheet crazy.
          While I understand the Fed still trumps local law, I can't understand why the fed gets involved in places where it was voted in FOR the LOCALS, BY THE LOCALS. Does a vote mean anything? It's pretty indicative of the whole "democratic" process these days, imo.
          flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            Because mice have NEVER been used in medical testing that resulted in trickling down to humans
            No, I didn't mean that testing in vitro or in mice is not useful. Rather, I meant that it is common to see positive results in this sort of preliminary testing which never does amount to much, with further research. So cheer these folks on, but keep your hookahs in storage.
            Greg

Comment

While I understand the Fed still trumps local law, I can't understand why the fed gets involved in places where it was voted in FOR the LOCALS, BY THE LOCALS.
              How can you understand the first without understanding the second? Locals can't vote to make what is against federal law legal. How can you blame the feds for enforcing laws they are sworn to uphold?
              Greg

Comment

How can you understand the first without understanding the second? Locals can't vote to make what is against federal law legal. How can you blame the feds for enforcing laws they are sworn to uphold?
                Then what is the point of local elections? What is the point of locals voting for what they want? I think the fed should be busy worrying about balancing their checkbook, not busting people for things that people in the community have voted for, and clearly want. With all the shit going on in the Fed GOVT, shouldn't they be picking their battles a little more wisely?
                flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

With all the shit going on in the Fed GOVT, shouldn't they be picking their battles a little more wisely?
                  They shouldn't be picking their battles at all. I guess you trust the feds more than I do. I don't want to give them the discretion to follow some laws and not others. They should just follow the law. If we don't like the law, we should change that, not give the cops permission to flout it.
                  Greg

Comment

They shouldn't be picking their battles at all. I guess you trust the feds more than I do. I don't want to give them the discretion to follow some laws and not others. They should just follow the law. If we don't like the law, we should change that, not give the cops permission to flout it.
                    I agree. People are trying to change laws. People are trying to do things the right way. Where is it getting anyone?
                    flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

The endo-cannabinoids are a class of neurotransmitters that have a subtle yet profound influence on our whole state of awareness and perception.

Not to long ago some scientists created a race of mice without some key CB1 and
                      CB2 receptors.

When the the tiny mice were born they would not eat (suckle).

The lack of the munchies doomed them..

Dave Nichols has some very interesting stuff up on the web

about this kind of stuff over at www.maps.org

He talks in detail about the mechanisms possibly underlying the generation of the psychedelic state.

Comment

Working...
                      X