No announcement yet.

Who has neighbors w/ those small bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has neighbors w/ those small bikes?

Now that there's a law about the mini bikes, what can I do to stop them?

While I was watching the news, that kid rode his bike along the side of his parent's house for a while (he probably was scared about going on the streets).

Can I video tape him using it (and hopefully go on the street) and send it to the police (or atleast his parents)?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
      While I was watching the news, that kid rode his bike along the side of his parent's house for a while (he probably was scared about going on the streets).
      If he was on his parents' property, he can ride his pocket bike to his heart's content. The driveway, the garage, even inside the house, all fine.

And, despite what you see on TV "gotcha" shows, even if you had video of the guy burning out on the street, the police couldn't do much with it. I imagine except in the case of criminal activity (if he rode his pocket bike and smashed car windows), the police would have to observe the behavior in person in order to make an arrest.

That's not to say you have no recourse. If the kid and his bike, even on his parents' property, is making too much noise, you can make a noise complaint. The only thing is, it'll be the same as if he was playing music too loud -- no more or no less severe an offense, and probably not one the police will put at the top of their dispatch priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        If he was on his parents' property, he can ride his pocket bike to his heart's content. The driveway, the garage, even inside the house, all fine.

And, despite what you see on TV "gotcha" shows, even if you had video of the guy burning out on the street, the police couldn't do much with it. I imagine except in the case of criminal activity (if he rode his pocket bike and smashed car windows), the police would have to observe the behavior in person in order to make an arrest.

That's not to say you have no recourse. If the kid and his bike, even on his parents' property, is making too much noise, you can make a noise complaint. The only thing is, it'll be the same as if he was playing music too loud -- no more or no less severe an offense, and probably not one the police will put at the top of their dispatch priority list.
        I guess I can watch the web version on my computer with headphones on.

But if I hear that bike again, then I'll bring my computer's sound system (a 2.1 speaker system) and blast Weird Al Yankovic songs until they stop (or until I feel like stopping).

I hope that this fad will die soon (or that kid will get hurt and stop riding) (which ever somes first).

Comment

Is it true that these "mini bikes" may be banned in Hawaii?

Blueridge Telecom
          Leila
          Blue Ridge Telecom
          Blueridge Telecom

Comment

It seems that Makuahine Street in Kalihi has several going by all late afternoon as well as all hours of the night. A few speed bumps should do the trick.

Makiki Boy

Comment

Nah forget the speed bumps...fishing line stretched across the street right about neck high should do the trick.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                Nah forget the speed bumps...fishing line stretched across the street right about neck high should do the trick.
                Ooooh! You mean, anden

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

What if a car goes by and snaps it?

If it was a strong line, then they can stop bikers too.

BTW, thanks for the idea for a haunted house.

Comment

What if what if ho boy no get technical! Geez just like my wife always gotta analyze everyting I say. Okay lay em down on da ground and hide in da bushes. When zippo comes by raise em up and tie em to da speed limit sign.

If da suji is too strong, oh well da buggah goin lose his head. Oh well.

Okay use one long rubba band and wen braddah snag em ho da snap going make him wild.

On da haunted house, I went to one college one one time and dey wen hang condoms filled with liquid. Now da buggahs stay lubed already and so it feels clammy when it brushes against your cheek when you walk past them in the dark. But it's when the wahine's touch em! Oh thrills and chills from the screams when they find out what they touched! Try em goin be fun

Comment

What if what if ho boy no get technical! Geez just like my wife always gotta analyze everyting I say. Okay lay em down on da ground and hide in da bushes. When zippo comes by raise em up and tie em to da speed limit sign.

If da suji is too strong, oh well da buggah goin lose his head. Oh well.

Okay use one long rubba band and wen braddah snag em ho da snap going make him wild.

On da haunted house, I went to one college one one time and dey wen hang condoms filled with liquid. Now da buggahs stay lubed already and so it feels clammy when it brushes against your cheek when you walk past them in the dark. But it's when the wahine's touch em! Oh thrills and chills from the screams when they find out what they touched! Try em goin be fun
                      But the thing is, that we don't have these bushes or shrubs or anything to hide in near the road, so I have to make it stationary.

And I'll see if I can get that much condoms (I'll get a strange look from the cashier, but oh well).

Comment

you can buy em online by the hundreds cheaper and with a straight face. I understand they come in plain brown packaging...um that's what I'm told.

Comment

Could the scourge that was the pocket bike craze already be a thing of the past?

Popularity of pocket bikes on decline
                          Rosemarie Bernardo, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, November 8, 2004
                          The pocket bike craze that had residents and motorists abuzz with complaints appears to be running out of gas. George Burmeister of Cycle Imports Hawaii said he has not sold a pocket bike since the city banned the minimotorcycles from public roads and property.

Comment

Here we are nearly five years after all this discussion. I'm reviving this dead thread in order to inspire us to ask ourselves if all the arguing, discussing, and taxpayer money was put to good use in regulating what turned out to be a really short-lived fad. Sure, the life-span was shortened by the legislation, but is the purpose of legislation to curtail children's fads?

Is there anything whose ban we are pursuing with dogged determination today that will be tomorrow's distant, irrelevant memory? In the long run, was I not right in calling these laws unnecessary? Meanwhile, it's still on the books.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

So you're suggesting that the drop in sales, the fading of this fad, was happening and would have happened naturally without the legislation? I read it as the legislation was pivotal in clearing our streets of these things. Who wants to buy one if you can't ride them anywhere you'd want to?

Is the purpose of legislation to take on fads? No. But is public safety a legitimate justification for lawmaking? I'd think so. Whether it's pocketbikes on roads, or Segways on sidewalks, I think it's not ridiculous to think lawmakers would want to get involved.

Is the resulting law usually flawed? Sure. But of all the ridiculous things our representatives do, this particular move is nowhere near the most pointless.

Comment

Out here in the country the problem is with enforcement. By the time a cruiser gets here they're harassing the next valley over. And summer is coming....
                                I wouldn't care really (it's their heads) except they are so NOISY!
                                Their excuse? "Oh, this is the country!" As if that makes it OK.

Like yeah, it's supposed to be quiet in the country!
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X