DNA Swabbing Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Swabbing Approved

The Sup Ct approves swabbing arrestees for their DNA. Some argue it makes us safer, some say its the open door to unwarrantable spying by gvt & private interests. To me, its another of those really bad changes for the US that makes me glad I am old enough that I probably won't be around when the kukae really hits the fan. I don't know how people can willingly give up their privacy. An arrest is an arrest, false, faulty, or valid and what makes it into gvt records will yeah oh sure be purged if the arrest was invalid. Right.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/12-207

Re: DNA Swabbing Approved

I think wholesale roundups of suspects for DNA testing has been going on for years when child killers et al are on the loose and they want to save lives. Saw that just last nite on one of those cop shows.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
      The Sup Ct approves swabbing arrestees for their DNA.
      The article referred to is not about a US Supreme Court decision, but rather a Maryland Court of Appeals decision, which will apparently come before the US Supreme Court later. And as I interpret the article, the Maryland court did not "approve swabbing arrestees for their DNA", but rather just found that in this particular case, the swabbing violated the suspect's rights. The Maryland court did not find that other swabbings made under the Maryland DNA collection law would necessarily be unconstitutional.

I don't see why swabbing suspects for DNA should be treated differently from taking their fingerprints.
      Greg

Comment

What privacy?
        Do you mean constitutional piracy?
        It's only the loss of a 'v,' after all. No big thing...

We can make do with enerial disease, call the second planet Enus, whate'er!

We can claim Ictory! What's so important about a 'v?'

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired and it's poor humor.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Next thing you know, the cops will be demanding vaginal swabs.

Comment

It sort of ties in with this vastly over reaching gvt thing thats attracting attention right now. The IRS with way too much power, gvt spying on computer and phone connections, etc. The Franklin quote comes to mind (pardon if I paraphrase): those who seek to trade freedom for security get neither freedom nor security. Oh well, the Bill of Rights was such a (AG Alberto Gonzalez words) "quaint" idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
              It sort of ties in with this vastly over reaching gvt thing thats attracting attention right now. The IRS with way too much power, gvt spying on computer and phone connections, etc. The Franklin quote comes to mind (pardon if I paraphrase): those who seek to trade freedom for security get neither freedom nor security. Oh well, the Bill of Rights was such a (AG Alberto Gonzalez words) "quaint" idea.
              Sheet, I LIKE quaint!

Modernisimistic is way overrated.....
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X