Reasonable shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable shipping?

Anyone order hardware over the internet????
    Is there a place that has reasonable shipping rates?????
    All the places I checked with want more for shipping than the parts cost.
    I've checked here and can't find what I need.
    Why is it we always get ripped off on shipping????

Re: Reasonable shipping ????

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Why is it we always get ripped off on shipping????
    Because the cost of shipping is higher?

I have a close friend who is in upper management with REI. At this time they have no plans to open a store in Hawai'i because their policy is that they offer same price for shipping and services throughout their service area. They would lose money if they offered that same policy in Hawai'i because the cost of EVERYTHING in Hawai'i is higher, including shipping.

There is an additional cost for living in paradise.
    Last edited by matapule; June 28, 2013, 03:26 PM.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Re: Reasonable shipping ????

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
      Anyone order hardware over the internet????
      Is there a place that has reasonable shipping rates?????
      These days, I buy most things except groceries over the internet, and mostly from Amazon. I very seldom pay a shipping charge. I do have to pay $80 a year to Amazon to get their "prime shipping", and occasionally Amazon's price for something obviously includes an extra amount for shipping. But usually not. And Amazon does not discriminate against Hawaii for free shipping items (except for some very heavy things).

Also, the national chains that can ship things here by the container load to a local outlet may offer free shipping that includes Hawaii -- Best Buy and (usually) Sears work this way (but not Costco).

Correction: I do regularly pay $3.99 shipping charges to Amazon for used books (but the books themselves are often only $.01).
      Last edited by GregLee; June 28, 2013, 07:38 PM.
      Greg

Comment

Re: Reasonable shipping?

What kind of hardware are trying to purchase? Is it an actual computer or electronic parts like resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits which might include EEPROM, controllers, sensors?

Or is the hardware in question are things like nuts, bolts or nails?

In any event when buying stuff from another location try to see if the company offers shipping by USPS (United States Postal Service) as opposed to UPS or FedEx. Granted it is slower like a week as opposed to 2nd day or overnight shipping but it is way cheaper.

Comment

I buy a lot of things from Amazon. Most of the time I look for the free shipping items.
          All I wanted to get was a cabinet handle and four latches. All would fit easily into a USPS flat rate envelope. Parts came out to alittle more than $20. The shipping quote was $18!!!!!
          If I could have found them here, i probably would have bought them. Looked at all the places I could think of. Nothing.

Comment

Three months ago, I shipped something (in a 8.5 x 11 padded envelope) from California to a friend in Canada. USPS quoted me 5 working days for priority shipping to Canada at half the cost that FedEx quoted me for guaranteed three day shipping to the same address in Canada. So I used USPS and shipped on a Monday. My friend would get the item that week either way. BIG MISTAKE. It took three WEEKS for my friend to get the item. She says it always takes three weeks from the US to Canada via USPS. She told me to always use a private carrier like FedEx or UPS when shipping things to her.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I bought 3 DOT approved motorcycle helmets for $30 total (free shipping) @ Amazon. One was damaged, so I returned it and was sent a replacement for nothing extra. I'm a believer.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
              X