The Lone Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lone Ranger

Saw The Lone Ranger at the Ward Theater on Thursday afternoon.

I am not really a fan of the western genre not because of the violence in typical westerns (both TV and movies) but rather they tend to be serious in its tone.

This is not true of this movie which has a good number of humorous scenes, either from Tonto's sayings, the Lone Ranger character trying to get the hang of being a Batman (or Green Hornet) like super-hero, Silver which Tonto says that the horse is either stupid or acts like being stupid or the characters themselves doing things.

Re: The Lone Ranger

Saw LR yesterday with my son - at last a movie we can agree upon.

Surprised me by it's structure - beginning and ending - but the meat of the movie was exciting, humorous, poignant, stunning, occasionally confusing but always amusing.

The characters were all perfectly cast, especially William Fitchner as Butch Cavendish (the worst bad guy you could ever imagine).

Though the movie was full of improbabilities (like six shooters that shot 18-20 shots without reloading -- yet we expect that from 'classic' Westerns), they were easy to overlook, as was the 'Indian Magic' which helped things just fall into place at the right time and place.

Don't miss this one. You'll have 'Silver' kicking your butt for the rest of your life if you do.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The best thing about this movie is the William Tell Overture by Rossini. Now, that’s classic!

This movie has received a lot of negative reviews, but I kinda liked it. Sort of. Maybe. This movie is all over the place. And it’s very long. But I think it’s worth a look.

Comment

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/just-49...154829883.html

Kimosabe is not happy with the box office.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...he_Lone_Ranger

Whatever happened to Klinton Spilsbury?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Though the movie was full of improbabilities (like six shooters that shot 18-20 shots without reloading -- yet we expect that from 'classic' Westerns), they were easy to overlook, as was the 'Indian Magic' which helped things just fall into place at the right time and place.
            Have to keep in mind that the movie was structured as Tonto being an unreliable narrator, the scene in the movie that to me confirms this is when Tonto is burring the dead rangers and in each grave he puts an item with the ranger. One item he puts in is the peanut bag from the kid that he is telling the story to, which happens to be many years later.

Comment

Working...
            X