Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,420

    Thumbs up Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspr...=215801171&c=n

    Quote Originally Posted by June Watanabe Kokua Line at Honolulu Star Advertiser

    Consolidated Theatres bans e-cigarette use on property


    By June Watanabe

    POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jul 17, 2013
    LAST UPDATED: 01:37 a.m. HST, Jul 17, 2013


    Question: What is Consolidated Theatres’ policy on the use of electronic cigarettes within the movie area? I recently attended a movie at the Mililani theaters when two people sitting directly in front of me used their e-cigarettes. They constantly blew the vapors upward, distracting from the movie. Although the scent was not as strong as cigarette smoke, there was an odor that I, a nonsmoker, found offensive. They smoked their e-cigarettes through most of the movie.

    Answer:
    E-cigarettes are prohibited, whether inside the theaters or anywhere else on Consolidated property.

    “The use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc., whether tobacco or electronic, is strictly prohibited on Consolidated Theater premises, including but not limited to auditoriums, lobby, restrooms, work areas and offices,” said Lindsey Chun-Hori, promotions and events manager for Consolidated Theaters Hawaii.

    Anyone using smoking devices in any Consolidated facility will be asked to stop, then directed to appropriate smoking areas outside, she said. Patrons are advised to alert any employee or theater manager if they see this happening.

    “It’s very important to us that our guests are comfortable and able to enjoy movies in a smoke-free environment,” she said. “We’re currently working on signage to run on screen before our movies.”

    While there is no state law regulating e-cigarettes, individual businesses and property owners are free to determine their own policies.

    See is.gd/hs4SG5, as well as a July 9 story in the Star-Advertiser about the growing popularity of e-cigarettes: is.gd/hoDJGv.
    YAY!!! THANK GOODNESS!!
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    10,023

    Default Re: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    “We’re currently working on signage to run on screen before our movies.”
    Used to be that sign said something to the effect that the Fire Marshal didn't allow smoking. Now it is saying that no texting during the movie.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Anyone using smoking devices in any Consolidated facility will be asked to stop, then directed to appropriate smoking areas outside, she said. Patrons are advised to alert any employee or theater manager if they see this happening.

    “It’s very important to us that our guests are comfortable and able to enjoy movies in a smoke-free environment,” she said. “We’re currently working on signage to run on screen before our movies.”
    I can see that Consolidated is going to have to work on learning to use the proper language in explaining its anti e-ciggie policy. Strictly speaking, nobody "smokes" an e-cigarette, since the devices emit vapor, not smoke. So the statement about prohibiting e-cigs to maintain a smoke-free environment is factually incorrect.

    Not that I'm personally against this policy, mind you. But to spare theater employees from the headache of getting into arguments over semantics, one would hope that Consolidated gets the wording of its policy right.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,932

    Default Re: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    I'm glad that they prohibit the smoking and vaping of tobacco products.

    But what about vaporizing of medical marijuana? I suppose we have to be fair, and step outside as well....
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,420

    Thumbs up Re: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    I can see that Consolidated is going to have to work on learning to use the proper language in explaining its anti e-ciggie policy. Strictly speaking, nobody "smokes" an e-cigarette, since the devices emit vapor, not smoke. So the statement about prohibiting e-cigs to maintain a smoke-free environment is factually incorrect.

    Not that I'm personally against this policy, mind you. But to spare theater employees from the headache of getting into arguments over semantics, one would hope that Consolidated gets the wording of its policy right.
    I quite agree with you 100%!!. , BUT...

    The one you quoted from me, I did not post, & it was from June Watanabe. Just Saying.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii.
    Posts
    1,420

    Thumbs up Re: Consolidated Theaters banning e-cigarettes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I'm glad that they prohibit the smoking and vaping of tobacco products.

    But what about vaporizing of medical marijuana? I suppose we have to be fair, and step outside as well....
    I quite agree 100%!!.

    ANYTHING related to any electronic as in ; e-cig &/or medical marijuana etc.. should be taken outside where it really belongs!!. To NOT inconvenient everyone else who are enjoying their time where indoors may be located!!. Just saying.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •