House burns - HPD MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House burns - HPD MIA

Recently the empty house next to Auntie Pasto on Beretania St. burned, it was expected as increased evidence of vandelism was seen daily making it obvious that a fire would inevitably erupt from unstable people trespassing inside and jeopardising lives and surrounding property. Yet even with HPD driving by en mass day and nite it seems none could simply stop in and make their presence known which probably would have been enuf to mollify the situation or maybe gain the arrests of those in need of such. Instead, we almost lost a historic building and the long time tenants plus maybe some lives. That's NOT serving and protecting.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: House burns - HPD MIA

Ron, are you 100% sure HPD never addressed the situation? What did the property owner do in an attempt to stop the vagrancy and vandalism? Then there's the possibility the property was worth more to the owner after the fire than before taking into consideration insurance. I guess I need more cited facts than you presented.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Ron, are you 100% sure HPD never addressed the situation? What did the property owner do in an attempt to stop the vagrancy and vandalism? Then there's the possibility the property was worth more to the owner after the fire than before taking into consideration insurance. I guess I need more cited facts than you presented.
      I bet the owner died and nobody else bothered to take care of the situation, leaving it up for grabs by undesirables. I have no idea if HPD ever did anything but as I said it would have taken very little to virtually ensure trespassers got the word, so let me assume they didn't. It was a real danger waiting to happen and it could have been really bad, we were very lucky this time. And, the partially burned house is still inviting to streeters, are HPD doing anything from it reoccuring...? More action needs to be taken in incidents of abandonment instead of just leaving it to be seriously problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        it would have taken very little to virtually ensure trespassers got the word, so let me assume they didn't.
        This is why communicating with you is so maddening.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I can almost see why... if you're not making sense. WTF are you even talking about?

Comment

I bet the owner died and nobody else bothered to take care of the situation, leaving it up for grabs by undesirables.
            I didn't ask for bets. I asked for facts and a cite.
            I have no idea if HPD ever did anything
            BINGO!
            but as I said it would have taken very little to virtually ensure trespassers got the word, so let me assume they didn't.
            I didn't ask for assumptions. I asked for facts and a cite.
            It was a real danger waiting to happen and it could have been really bad, we were very lucky this time.
            The surrounding properties, yes. But...WE?
            And, the partially burned house is still inviting to streeters, are HPD doing anything from it reoccuring...? More action needs to be taken in incidents of abandonment instead of just leaving it to be seriously problematic.
            AGAIN...facts and cites are needed...not assumptions and bets.
            Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I can almost see why... if you're not making sense. WTF are you even talking about?
            Scriv isn't talking about anything that hasn't already been mentioned many times before.

Comment

I knew a year ago this house was going to burn sooner or later. Once the first window was rocked a few months ago (as in low lifes testing for response, especially when Mayor Compassion is kicking sleeping dogs) I knew that time was short and sure enuf it went up. All the detractions from my statements are valid but it's obvious who's had far more chance to prove out.

It takes a village to give a shit so things like this don't happen, even if everybody doesn't live nearby, just like I have concerns for all areas on Oahu.
              It's my neighborhood, I care about what and who is there and making it better, not worse. I'll BET if you lived next door when it went up you'd have a different take on it, just like if the Trayvon haters suddenly had him as their dead kid. One lone and inevitable fire start put the whole block at risk, most likely because not enuf people cared. Unacceptable.
              Of course if the nearby McDonalds had been at similar risk there would've been a constant vigil of protection. Priorities...

I post as I wish, I'm good with it and care not who likes or doesn't.

Comment

Occasionally I visit HT without signing on first. Inevitably, I am reminded that the "Ignore" feature serves a great purpose, but if I'm not signed on the feature does not function. Reminder to myself: For a more positive HT experience, remember to always sign on.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

[...]I'll BET if you lived next door when it went up you'd have a different take on it,[...]
                  If I lived next door I'd then be one of "the surrounding properties"...wouldn't I.
                  I post as I wish, I'm good with it and care not who likes or doesn't.

Comment

If I lived next door I'd then be one of "the surrounding properties"...wouldn't I.
                    Then you'd care, but since you don't live next door and were'nt in danger (this time) then you don't care? Remind me not to live next to you, sheesh!

Ignore me all you wish, I'm not here at Very Lonesome Pine for anybody.

Comment

Then you'd care, but since you don't live next door and were'nt in danger (this time) then you don't care?
                      Did I state that? You misinterpreted what I wrote and I corrected you. It's that simple. I find you handle corrections with even more misguided statements. And the beat goes on.
                      Remind me not to live next to you, sheesh!
                      Ron...a reminder...DO NOT LIVE NEXT TO ME.
                      Ignore me all you wish, I'm not here at Very Lonesome Pine for anybody.

Comment

Did I state that? You misinterpreted what I wrote and I corrected you. It's that simple. I find you handle corrections with even more misguided statements. And the beat goes on.

Ron...a reminder...DO NOT LIVE NEXT TO ME.

If that's how you wish to twist out of it, fine, but just tell your neighbors you won't care if their house burns.

Comment

If that's how you wish to twist out of it, fine, but just tell your neighbors you won't care if their house burns.
                          I have no neighbors with houses. Now what would you like me to do?

Comment

It takes a village to give a shit so things like this don't happen, ...
                            I suppose so. But we don't have a village, any more. Times change.
                            Greg

Comment

Now what would you like me to do?
                              Accept my thanks for your contributions to this thread, it reminded me of an old favorite John Prine bit that peaks with "noisemaker, noisemaker"...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVFY_LX9Ik

Comment

Working...
                              X