Blue lights near phone poles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue lights near phone poles?

"Question: I’ve noticed little boxes attached to utility wires that have blue and green lights that change as a car approaches. With all the surveillance things going on in the news, I’m wondering, what are they? One is at 22nd Avenue, heading mauka just before the Kilauea Avenue intersection. Recently the lights stopped flashing but the box is still there.

Question: What are the small blue lights I see on utility wires? I’ve seen them on Kilani and California avenues in Wahiawa.

Answer: The blue lights are emanating from white boxes serving as Wi-Fi access points (transceivers), said Kiman Wong, director of wireless for Oceanic Time Warner Cable.

The boxes have been seen in many other areas, including Kaneohe, Waikiki, Kailua and Makiki. But you shouldn’t be seeing any lights.

The lights should have been turned off after the boxes were installed, so Oceanic will check all the sites to make sure they are, Wong said. “We apologize for the inconvenience.”

He explained that Oceanic is installing the Wi-Fi boxes across the state as part of a new system to provide Internet access to customers, as well as the general public, when they are out of their homes and workplaces.

“This system is also part of a larger national system being built by Time Warner Cable and other U.S. cable companies,” Wong said.

Although Oceanic began installing the system in April, the official service announcement will be made Friday, he said."

From the Kokua Line of the Staradvertiser.

Comment

Thanks, na alii! (na alii? All of them?)

Much better job than my answers.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

So in other words, even when leaving your home, TWTC (aka NSA) can still track your whereabouts, email, and web browsing.

Comment

http://www.khon2.com/news/time-warne...-expands-wi-fi

Blue By You.

Comment

It may not be legal for you to have blue lights outside your home | KHON2

Bluer than blue.

Comment

Working...
            X