Get old Clear service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get old Clear service?

I just noticed that after Sprint acquired Clear that they discontinued "home internet" and now only offer capped mobile devices.

We were just going to purchase 5 stationary Clear modems (with unlimited plans) for a venture.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this and get the old service? Or anyone else offering similar service?

Mahalo!

Re: Get old Clear service?

Having had not one, but two nightmarish experiences with Clear, it's hard for me to imagine any situation where they would be the ideal service for any venture. (After all, no "unlimited" is really unlimited.) What is it that they provided that you thought was ideal? It couldn't have been the speed, the technology, the customer service...

Is it that you need to be mobile? I'd just go with Verizon MiFi. Not as cheap as Clear, maybe, but you definitely, definitely get what you pay for.

Comment

We don't need any mobile wireless. BUT, we do need wireless that can be plugged into a router. This specific location has wired internet by only ONE provider and that service is only 1.5Mbps. So for the last 5 years, we've had two Clear modems to provide secondary connections that is faster (6Mbps). I've never had to call their support so I can't say whether it's good or bad. For us it's been a good product: The uptime has been good, the speed is good, and it's convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        (After all, no "unlimited" is really unlimited.) What is it that they provided that you thought was ideal? It couldn't have been the speed, the technology, the customer service...

Is it that you need to be mobile? I'd just go with Verizon MiFi. Not as cheap as Clear, maybe, but you definitely, definitely get what you pay for.
        Being a current Clear subscriber AND having sold Clear(wire) service for a time, I can say that pzarquon's experience is a common one. It is, however, not the ONLY one. Sure unlimited is not really unlimited, but Clear is the closest thing out there to accomplishing that. At least on a mobile basis.

And pzarquon’s Verizon Wireless recommendation? Heck, I use Verizon for smartphone service. I would NEVER use it for straight Internet! I don’t think it is possible to pay MORE for internet than through Verizon. They charge by the Gigabyte. I pay $47.12 a month for Clear and I average about 42GB of usage per month. That same usage would cost me $260 or more per month on Verizon! “Not as cheap as Clear” is a colossal understatement! You would think someone as tech-savvy as pzarquon would have considered this.
        Last edited by TuNnL; November 3, 2013, 10:47 AM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
        X