World Series Obstruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series Obstruction?

I didn't watch last nights World Series game, I'm really not interested. However I have seen the replays of the controversial "obstruction" call that gave St. Louis the win. IN MY OPINION the Boston third baseman intentionally raised his legs while on the ground in an effort to impede the St. Louis base runner. I watched an interview of the third baseman after the game and it appears to me from his answers to questions and his body language that he knows he is guilty. I think the correct call was made.

What is it with all the "Grizzly Adams" beards on professional athletes these days? Tattoos and facial hair are not my style.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: World Series Obstruction?

I don't even watch baseball, but that play was impossible to not see on the social web. The third baseman was definitely up to something, practically doing some kind of worm/caterpillar dance move to extend his time on the ground.

From what I read subsequently, you can get called for obstruction even without intent. If that's the case, it was doubly the right call.

It was a ridiculous way to win a World Series game, but having spent years watching NFL with my mom, that sort of technicality-driven critical win is pretty common.

Comment

Re: World Series Obstruction?

That umpire call should only be in the regular season. It would be like if there was a pass interference call against the Baltimore Ravens on the last play of last year's Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
      X