OW! Chow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OW! Chow

As Yogi said, when UH arrives at an incomplete pass on the road, take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Without better recruiting we'll never reach the level we were once at because everybody else is getting better while we have leveled off, and less are worrying about the costs. But we're stuck, can't get much better without a ton more effort and success off the field and can't toss the program.
      The longer Ben Jay waits to fire Norm Chow, the longer it will take to accomplish any of those things.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        The longer Ben Jay waits to fire Norm Chow, the longer it will take to accomplish any of those things.
        Any thot about firing Chow is on terminal hold now with his wife in serious condition having suffered an aneurysm and in a mainland hospital where Coach has been all week. Norm may end up resigning soon, sad end to the whole thing.
        Jay is the cost to our recruiting with his stupid mouth. Most everybody else still hold's Chow in high regard, his players all love him, we've seen plenty of improvement this year already, and I still want him to have another 2 years. Hawaii's so-called fans just want wins and love to grouse even when things are good (ie, slipper marks on June Jones' tail, etc.), but show little to no support.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

How do you feel about UH's offense execution?
          I'm all for it.

Comment

I missed most of the game/commentaries on radio so my game insight for Rice is negated, but overall we're getting better, we just don't have exceptional personnel everywhere on field to get over the hump, and our competition is improving so we have a lot of ground to cover and get some wins. How a top tier college coach/staff would fare with our level of players would be an interesting game to play but I think Norm and Co. are getting all they can from our guys. At least it seems they play hard to the final whistle, you can't fault them much like previous teams. Lakalaka filled in fine for our #1 back and the lines seem solid for the most part, special teams have stepped up and the DBs (usually a down side) are OK, it only takes a few missteps to lose a game. Did we drop passes again? That's been a dagger for us forever.

Comment

If you do the drinking game where everytime UH goes three and out. You take a drink. You'll be completely wasted at the end of the game.

Comment

Ain't gonna get better with a new QB until the USC guy get's a shot.

Comment

overall we're getting better, we just don't have exceptional personnel everywhere on field to get over the hump
                  That’s a major understatement for a coach who has had nearly three years to recruit his own players.

How a top tier college coach/staff would fare with our level of players would be an interesting game to play but I think Norm and Co. are getting all they can from our guys.
                  I’m sure they are. But let’s not play out ridiculous scenarios that would never happen. The fact is, the NCAA has made it even easier for top tier colleges to marginalize “mid majors” like UH and the deck is stacked against Hawai‘i. That’s why Norm was the wrong guy for the job! This guy is a career pro-set OC and has no head coaching ability. The pro-set is the WRONG offense for ANY mid-major, because blue chip recruits are going to seek out top-tier colleges first — dooming a start-up. Chow and the North Shore are only draw for these recruits, and his program is a national embarrassment at the moment.

Ain't gonna get better with a new QB until the USC guy get's a shot.
                  Really, Ron? Really? It’s not enough we have nation’s longest road losing streak. You want us to give Chow another year?! People are already saying “screw the Title IX subsidy” and just shut down football. That, or drop down from DI FBS to a lower division.

We need to turn the page before the book is out of our hands!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Can't say as I disagree with much there, it sucks, but it ain't all negs, it just ain't happening right now regardless who's in or what 'set' they can use. I was happy keeping Coach Mac, but the whole island always clamored for Chow and it still isn't panning out despite wholesale improvements. The school won't pay going prices for a better coach so we can compete with the bigs and the way things look it's never going to get appreciably better, probably best to lose all UH sports, if that's even economically feasible. We may be stuck in the mud, and nobody will fare well if that's the rule now.
                    Beside's the issues with his wife, Norm also lost his Mother in August. Timing is everything in life, they say, it seems this just wasn't his best time to take the helm. I don't see things improving unless the school goes all in to go big, and chances of that are nil even if it were possible.

Comment

Good win for UH against Wyoming for now. Too bad they have to forfeit the game cuz sum panty guy used a laser pointer at Wyoming players.

Comment

Ciao time

I was happy keeping Coach Mac, but the whole island always clamored for Chow and it still isn't panning out despite wholesale improvements. The school won't pay going prices for a better coach so we can compete with the bigs and the way things look it's never going to get appreciably better, probably best to lose all UH sports, if that's even economically feasible.
                        I know you were happy with keeping Mac, even with his unprofessional “faggot dance” comments, that should have gotten him at least a one-game suspension (at least they docked his pay). But as you correctly surmise, Hawai‘i simply cannot afford to pay a coach $1.1 million per season. Not unless that coach promises another BCS bid. I would think you would want to keep the entire football coaching staff salary budget under $1 million! Nā Koa boosters have pulled the plug for now, so any more money then we’re paying Chow would have to be because we’re getting someone with a better track record.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Good win for UH against Wyoming for now. Too bad they have to forfeit the game cuz sum panty guy used a laser pointer at Wyoming players.
                        Normally, that would be good for a laugh, but that was before Joey Iosefa got arrested for DUI. I thought even with Taylor Graham getting hurt, Hawai‘i still might be able to use this win as momentum. But they now have both Iosefa AND Lakalaka out, and it looks like it doesn’t matter that Iosefa might be healed enough to play.

That’s a huge chunk of the Hawai‘i offense, and we all know that offense is the main problem for UH. Now they go on to San Diego State where the #1 road losing streak in the nation is likely to continue as the Rainbow Warriors are 10½-point underdogs. UH will not have the element of surprise, since with Graham out, there is no QB controversy.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Does anybody still do the faggot dance?

Go BOWS!

Comment

Re: Ciao time

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                            Hawaiis_Iosefa_faces_suspension_for_suspected_DUI
                            This surprises me because the drinking game is for three and outs. The Wyoming game had the least three and outs.

Comment

Can't win on the road.

Comment

Oh no, can't win at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X