X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum P.I. Robin's Nest for Sale

Magnum P.I.’s Hawaii estate on the market for $16M
    http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...te-on-the.html

Ferrari not included. The listing can be found here.

Re: Magnum P.I. Robin's Nest for Sale

On a distantly related topic, does anyone understand what "Waimanalo Beach" is? Robin's Nest is listed as being in Waimanalo, but the map associated with the listing says "Waimanalo Beach". I live here, so I should know, but I haven't figured it out. Generally, current maps I see on the web say Waimanalo Beach is on the Makapu`u side of Waimanalo, but the post office address here is simply Waimanalo (though maps put the post office itself in Waimanalo Beach).
    Greg

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waimanalo_Beach,_Hawaii

Comment

You live in Waimanalo? I'm super jealous.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Also slightly off-topic: The house next door, on the northeastern side, was owned by Buster McGuire, one-time director of the Hula Bowl and an instrumental figure in bringing the Pro Bowl to Hawaii. My family was introduced to the McGuires through mutual friends, and we sometimes spent weekends sleeping over, back when I was in elementary school (the late 70s). Buster used to wake up early and drive golf balls off his lawn into the water. My dad would sometimes go snorkling in that area and bring a bunch of them back.

The Magnum property at the time was owned by an organization that sometimes had parties and fund-raisers there, and we'd just hop the wall and check out whatever it was.

Those were some good memories. I'd love to own any of the houses on that little stretch.
          Last edited by scrivener; February 8, 2014, 07:55 AM.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That area of the nest was restricted to a few, and you were included.

A good novel or article in the New Yorker is at yer fingertips , Scriv.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that, but it doesn't tell me what sort of a thing Waimānalo Beach is, or how it came to be. The Wikipedia says "Waimānalo Beach (the town) lies along the eastern half of Waimānalo Beach (the beach), ...", but actually, there's no town here, apart from Waimānalo. It's supposedly a Census Designated Place, which Wikipedia says, "is a concentration of population identified by the United States Census Bureau for statistical purposes. CDPs are delineated for each decennial census as the statistical counterparts of incorporated places,[4] such as cities, towns, and villages. CDPs are populated areas that lack separate municipal government, but which otherwise physically resemble incorporated places."
              Well, every town on Oahu other than Honolulu is a CDP, and Waimanalo Beach does not resemble an incorporated place. It makes me curious.
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X