Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-2 Bomber over Honolulu

I guess this is the right format.

As I was leaving Tripler with a few friends today, we saw a strange sight in the sky. At first I said it was a B-2 bomber or a UFO. My friends said it looked like a helicopter. My vision was better.

It was moving perpendicular to us at first, then turned toward us and it was easy to see the 'radar-resistant' configuration. _._

Then it went into a cloud and though we were vigilant in watching, we did NOT see it emerge. did it stay clouded? Go supersonic? We don't know, but we know what we saw.

First time I've seen one in flight.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; April 2, 2014, 06:39 PM. Reason: What? Bodda You?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: B-2 Bomber over Honolulu

The B-2 is not a supersonic bomber, the B-1 is. I do remember a B-2 as well as other types of military aircraft was flying around Honolulu during the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II (which was in 1995).

Hopefully William Cole from the Honolulu Star Advertiser will write something up about the visit of this B-2 which might be on a rest stop.

Comment

Re: B-1 Bomber over Honolulu

Originally posted by helen View Post
      The B-2 is not a supersonic bomber, the B-1 is. I do remember a B-2 as well as other types of military aircraft was flying around Honolulu during the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II (which was in 1995).

Hopefully William Cole from the Honolulu Star Advertiser will write something up about the visit of this B-2 which might be on a rest stop.
      Right, Helen. It was a B-1 stealth bomber, not a B-2. It looked like a dot, with wings.
      ~ ~

Comment

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber over Honolulu

On second thought, what we saw was the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber! A new addition to the air force fleet, described and pictured in the following:

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber

What we saw, after it turned toward us.

And you are right, it is NOT supersonic.
        Last edited by Kaonohi; April 4, 2014, 05:13 PM. Reason: the usual
        ~ ~

Comment

Re: B-2 Bomber over Honolulu

According to Saturday's (4/5/14) Honolulu Star Advertiser mentions that two B-2 and two B-52 were around Hawaii this week for training.

Comment

Working...
          X