normal midsized rice bag reduced in weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal midsized rice bag reduced in weight

Did you know that the 20# bags of rice were recently reduced to 15# bags?

Went shopping today at Times Waipahu and initially thought what a great deal for rice at $9.99, as the sign says save $4.00. But getting closer I saw the size and thought it looked skinnier than normal.

Wow, this is the new 25# version..,marketing strategy! 😯

Re: normal midsized rice bag reduced in weight

I don't buy rice at this size (if I buy it would be Rice-a-Roni) but how long would a 15 pound bag last versus a 20 pound bag?

I would suspect that the workers who have to haul these bags might be happier in lugging around 15 pound bags instead of 20 pound bags.

Comment

These used to be 25# in weight..then shrunk to 20#, and now to 15#!
      This is awful for families and the not wary of the weight reduction bags!

Comment

The smaller the size, the less chance for rice bugs to be in there. They seem to like brown rice more.

Comment

Going slightly off topic, but just place dry bay leaves in the rice bag, one will not see those bugs again...worked for me for over 20 years..

Comment

This is happening all over the place, an obvious attempt to not blatantly raise prices per unit by making the unit size smaller.

Just below a 20 oz. bottle of Coke is the 16 oz. bottle of Coke, priced at what the 20 oz. size was priced at a few years ago. Instead of the 12 oz. can, there's the 8 oz. can. The same thing is happening to canned goods, boxed goods, and so on. It seems everything is getting smaller.

Of course, considering that the last trend people were complaining about was fast food servings getting comically large, I suppose we could use a reduction in average calories taken in. The only problem is we're not saving any money.

Comment

Working...
            X