Aloha from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Georgia

I'm new to this board and wanted to introduce myself.

I was stationed at Hickam AFB from 1969 to 1970 and worked part-time at KAIM Radio and later at KITV Television. After military service I moved back to Honolulu (Pauoa Valley) where we lived from 1971 to 1980.

During that time I worked for KCCN and K108 with Tom Dancer. Tom and I did a split shift at KCCN providing news during both the morning and evening time periods. Later when Tom moved to K108 he asked me to come along and be his "news guy" for his morning show. I usually had to go for coffee and pastry's to keep both of us alert.

I worked for Oceanic Cablevision when it was in the initial construction stage. My responsibility was the local origination studios and assisted Bill Van Keulen with the installation of the head-end.

Later I worked for both KITV and KGMB television. At KGMB I worked on the split-screen opening segments and bumpers for the Elvis Aloha from Hawaii TV show. I noticed that the three of us at KGMB who worked on these segments did not receive closing show credits, BUMMER!

On my last day at KITV I was tasked with being the technical director for the Aloha Day Parade. What a way to end the day...

I posted some photos from both KITV and Oceanic Cablevision and hope you enjoy them.

Mahalo and Aloha

Steve

Re: Aloha from Georgia

Aloha Steve! Welcome to HawaiiThreads! I'm 1stwahine.

I'll be visiting my grandchildren in Alabama and my brother in Georgia later this month!

Once again, welcome and check out the other threads.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank you for your kind welcome.
      In addition to radio and television I also am an ordained minister currently working with orphans in India.
      You can see our work there on our website at abidinglight.org.
      Have a safe trip.

Steve

Comment

I worked outside security for the Elvis show (I was a cop with HPD) iirc, all the officers there volunteered their time as the show was a benefit concert. It would be my last experience with Elvis. I had three prior to that starting with seeing him live at the Conroy Bowl, 11-11-1957. Yep, I go way back, lol.
        I have a nephew that lives in Dallas, GA. He and the family are currently in Oahu on vacation. His mom was born in Honolulu, as was her sister, my wife. I landed on the shores of Oahu in May, 1956, courtesy of an uncle named Sam.
        Eddie

Comment

Welcome Home!
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Aloha and welcome to HawaiiThreads.com EddieLo!! I'm currently in Ft. Rucker, Alabama visiting my daughter, son-inlaw and grandchildren. We were in Appling, Georgia a few days ago visiting a couple of days and then went to Atlanta. So beautiful! And we saw the Atlanta Aquarium too! Oh! We got to see the first Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X