Hawaii TV new anchors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii TV new anchors

Marisa Yamane (weekend anchor), the reason I don't watch KHON2 on weekends. Her "homey" spin on reporting the news is bothersome, such as her use of the word "really", as in "really bad". It sounds like a third grader's excitement creeps into her reporting. Bad enough she inserts her homeyness into her reports, but I can't take a full dose of her as a anchor.

Which reporters do you like best? Which do you avoid? Do you change your viewing habits according to the anchor that works that day?
    Last edited by Amati; July 18, 2014, 10:23 PM.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Hawaii TV new anchors

Two things make me cringe when news anchors do this:
    • Referring to the newscast as a show, for example later in the show we will hear as opposed to saying later in the newscast we will hear.
    • News anchors who use hand motions to sort of indicate that some thing is moving from point A to point B and most cases there is no such motion.

Comment

The thing I dislike the most about some local news and anchors is when they use the newscast to promote an entertainment show on the same channel. Is that really news?
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My pet peeve is that most of the female newscasters wear so much eye makeup -- thick black false lashes and black liner. These women are so attractive... they don't need all that junk on their eyes.

Comment

Why does all the tv news have forced banter at the end of the newscast?

Comment

Working...
          X