Are there more people on Oahu now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there more people on Oahu now?

This is not a census question as I can look up the numbers. And often numbers don't tell the full picture and it's not really my question.

Is the island more crowded today? I left a long time again. 20 years. Even before that, I can see the island changing. I grew up in Honolulu. There was no reason for me to even go the Pearlridge. Then lived in Pear City. Then Ewa (Gentry). And even then, it was all sugarcane when the townhouse was built. I'm sure the 2nd city is awesome and old hat now. Kakaako is now (from what I read) as dense as New York City with all the new condos.

So where are all the people coming from? Has the population grown that fast? Does this also mean older neighborhoods like Manoa, Palolo, Kaimuki, Nuuanu are becoming less populated? I don't think so.

So what's your feeling now on the density? The Oahu feel more crowded? Or now more spread out?

Re: Are there more people on Oahu now?

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it's way more populated now. We keep getting newcomers and many of them stay til death. Other people have moved out to Kapolei, Mililani, and the country areas, others have (or hoping to) occupied the non-stop high rise infiltration. If our Mayor and Gov. could have their ways there'd be nothing but the rich and high rises scourging these islands.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
    X