Rules & Regulations of Apt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules & Regulations of Apt

I know that my new place has subsided in their rules braking etc...

BUT.....

What I would like to know is....

Once you sign an agreement to renting a new place, you MUST adhere to the rules stated for that particular apartment. I would like to be enlightened as to WHY thereafter signing an agreement to the rules of the apartment, that the tenants either become idiotic &/or stupid either after signing, &/or there after eventually their brains become stupid & stupider!!. Do they think that the landlord/landlady will not remember the rules or something?, & that it makes the tenant ok to brake the rules & later start smoking when the rules clearly states that there is NO SMOKING is allowed in the building!!. The landlady/landlord eventually catches up with them, & calls them to warn them that IF it happens again that they will have to move out!!. The owner wouldn't have to call & to warn them in the first place IF they would have just followed the damn rules!!!. It is NOT that difficult!!!. The only thing that it would be difficult is that if they REALLY can't read . PLEASE enlighten me to this problem that seems to continue in ALL apartments, not just where I moved to.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Rules & Regulations of Apt....

It's because laws by themselves do not change behavior. The laws say you can only drive at certain speeds on the roads, right? When we receive our drivers licenses, we agree to abide by those rules. Yet most of us don't use the laws as guidelines: people will drive as quickly as they feel save driving. The speed limit in my neighborhood is 25, but the roads are narrow, and there are no sidewalks, and there are lots of parked cars on both sides of the streets, so most people feel safest driving 15. In other places, drivers feel safest going five or ten miles faster than the limit.

In the case of landlord-tenant agreements, it usually comes down to consequences, and it is very, very difficult in this state to evict a tenant. I consider myself a pretty good tenant most of the time, but I am frequently a few days behind on the rent (a violation of the agreement), and despite agreeing not to have pets, I had an aquarium for several years (I don't anymore, but or reasons not related to the agreement or to consequences).

Of course, I rent a small house and don't have to share my space with other tenants. Human decency and general consideration for others, another motivator, would probably keep me from most violations against my rental agreement, as in the case of smoking. So in the case of your fellow tenants, it's probably just a combination of nicotene addiction, a lack of concern for consequences (possibly because of loose enforcement?), and general lack of consideration for fellow tenants.

Sorry to hear about your stress. Few things in life are worse than the stress of inconsiderate neighbors.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Rules & Regulations of Apt

Speaking of rules...

I would like to know what compels a guy to bounce his STUPID basket ball on the floor in his apt after 10 pm at night? clearly he PROBABLY didn't know OR don't even know? that on quiet still of the night , when you bounce an object on the floor like a ball, that it doesn't make noise??? IDIOTIC!!! (one of my my neighbors in the back was doing that after 10 pm)
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
      X