2014 General Election Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 General Election Day

Today is the General Election Day, so by tradition this thread is about the process of voting and your experinces in casting your ballot for today. If you already casted your ballot early you can relate your experiences here as well.

Re: 2014 General Election Day

Casted my ballot at Washington Middle School around the 11am time frame. Not much people in the polling place, no lines getting the ballot or submitting it to the machine.

Comment

I mailed my absentee ballot a week ago. People are talking about the decline in voter interest, but I think Maui might have a pretty good turnout because of the GMO issue.
      Last edited by Sharilyn; November 4, 2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: Edited to delete dumb question

Comment

Volunteers still sign waving today. Spock the candidate as the one wearing a lei.

Comment

I almost always choose early walk-in voting nowadays, something that began when I was in college and first volunteered as a precinct official. It's been a few elections since my last gig (as a precinct chair) but I still like deciding for myself when it's a good time to cast my ballots.

I'm suuuuuuuper uninterested in this year's results. Normally, I rush to get home to watch the printouts on TV but this year, I think I'll just wait until morning and check the newspaper.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I prefer walk-in voting, too. You never know if there might be last-minute changes to your opinion.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

What a relief Hawaii is virtually the lone sane example in all America by rejecting republican crapola in a near complete run of the ballots, almost no republican got a win yesterday. Too bad for this country the madland went the opposite and 'right' off the edge and to it's death, again. What a stupid country, it's been a dead man walking for a decade already, the sooner it burns and goes under the waves the better.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
              X