Amazon Prime worth it in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime worth it in Hawaii?

The key benefit of Amazon's now $99-per-year Prime service is free second-day air shipping... in the continental U.S. Hawaii residents get free "standard shipping," which of course usually involves the USPS or a freight forwarder like ParcelPool. I'm particularly unimpressed by the latter.

But, clicking the wrong button during checkout today, I ended up kicking off a "free trial" of Amazon Prime, which gave me standard shipping and a very good reason to remember to cancel before getting billed in a month.

Unless anyone actually likes Amazon Prime in Hawaii, for the discounted shipping and the video streaming? (We're an Apple/iTunes household, so using something like Amazon takes extra effort.) Amazon Prime fans, convince me!

Re: Amazon Prime worth it in Hawaii?

I've had Amazon Prime for several years. It's a great deal, for the free shipping. I don't make much use of the video or music parts of it. They look interesting, but I already get more videos than I can ever watch, through DirecTV.
    Greg

Comment

Count me as one of the people that likes Amazon Prime. Here are my reasons.

1. Free shipping on most orders (all from Amazon proper, usually not from outside vendors).

2. Free streaming of many movies and TV shows, commercial free. Granted they don't have a huge library but they have a collection of indie movies, foreign movies, selected recent and classic U.S. mainstream films ("Star Trek" JJ Abrams + older ones; James Bond "Skyfall"; Marvel movies; others).... and several science fiction TV series including CBS' "Under the Dome" which Amazon partially funded; British TV series; classic TV; Star Treks; and many HBO TV series.

3. Free streaming of more than 1 million songs and record albums.

4. Kindle lending library.

5. No monthly bill, you pay the $99 once a year and that is it until next year. (Used to be $79).

As a cord cutter, I watch nearly all of my video content without paying any subscription fees (online and TV antenna). I considered NetFlix and Hulu Plus, but in the end for the money I wanted to spend, Amazon to me was my best fit.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Amazon is the Most Popular Company in America
        Greg

Comment

http://khon2.com/2015/07/14/walmart-...free-shipping/

Amazon vs. Walmart. Who you got?

Comment

Today I got a TV from Walmart and a wall mount from Amazon, saved a little over $100 on Walmart and got about 40% off on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
            X