hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Hi im amanda. Im married and have two children. My family and i are planning to move to hawaii in a couple years due to my husband needing a warmer climate. Were currently in arkansas and the freezing winters are extremely hard on him. (Hes had several back surgeries) I am looking for some pen/email pals that live in hawaii so we can learn about the different areas and neighborhoods so we find a home in the right spot for us. I just want to learn all about everything and most of all create some new friends so we know some people when we get there. Were planning a trip to come look at the different places after we get an idea of the area. Thanks for any suggestions or help. Thanks for reading my post. You can talk to me on it or at amanda_wst@yahoo.com

Re: hello

Aloha Amanda, I tried to send you a detailed explanation of the islands with all pertinent facts, but somehow got disconnected when I hit 'send.'

Rather than type it all out again, I'll contact you by email.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from others.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Try again:

Aloha Amanda, I tried to send you a detailed explanation of the islands with all pertinent facts, but somehow got disconnected when I hit 'send.'

Seven islands:

NE side wet, rainy, never have to water anything, but there is mold, mildew and algae (not good for allergies).
      SW side dry, not as green except in the hills and mountains.
      This is due to the trade winds.

Big Island: A variety of climates, from seaside on both sides, to mountain (above the mosquito zone) to COLD ontop the mountains.
      I have a lot in Volcano town, cost 20K for a 1/4 acre, out of the path of lava, and no mosquitoes.

Maui: Something for everyone. Ranches, harbor towns, not too much traffic, but growing. Much industry, some job opportunities.

O`ahu: The LA of the Pacific: homeless on the streets, traffic gridlock between town and the SW town of Honolulu (where the jobs are).

Molokai: Old Hawaii, but you have to ‘buy in’ to the culture.

Kauai: As close to paradise as you can get; beautiful, but few jobs.

Lanai: Currently privately owned, don’t know the requirements for moving there.

Niihau: Also privately owned. They still speak Hawaiian! Again, don’t know the requirements for moving there.
      I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from others.
      ~ ~

Comment

Kaonohi
        Thank you for the information. If you dont mind i would like to ask a few more questions. To be honest we were leaning towards the big island and had even looked at volcano town. What are the winters like in that area? My husband can't take much below 55 degrees and in the last week here its been down to zero and back up to 63 with ice and snow. But most importantly what are the people like? I have heard in some areas they don't like outsiders moving in. I have two children and they are both the type to try to make friends with everyone they see. They are both like a ray of sunshine my three years old son is always smiling and telling strangers about his pet (toy) cows chickens and pigs. My twelve year old daughter walks around singing and laughing and trying to get others to laugh. I dont want to move to an area where they will be verbally abused just because there parents weren't born there. I know there is no neighborhood where everyone will like them, but they are my children, and i want them to be able to make friends, play outdoors, have friends over, and run around like kids should. Feel free to e-mail me at amanda_wst@yahoo.com. Thanks again

Comment

Amanda, I'm having trouble with this site. Talk to others, if you wish, but contact me via email only.

Ka`onohi
          ~ ~

Comment

Working...
          X