Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japanese restaurant on s.king

hi guys.

i'm looking for a family owned restaurant on s.king in between kalakaua and mccully on the mountain side. i think the name started with an "H"? maybe a "T". it was small and close to a thai family owned restaurant on the same side.

definitely east of kalakaua, and i'm positive it was west of mccully

mahalo

Re: japanese restaurant on s.king

Could that be Yamagen? Or I-Naba? Or Jimbo?

Comment

I forgot one. Could it be Hata's?

Comment

I was thinking Hata's, in the Miss Hawaii Building across McCully Zippy's. Couldn't for the live of me remember the name, but I knew it started with H.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by honoruru View Post
          i forgot one. Could it be hata's?
          bingo,,,hata

which do you like, i liked hata's rice, and my friend is a rice fiend. always looking for the perfect rice

Comment

Actually, I've never eaten there. I walk pass it almost every day (as well as the other restaurants I mentioned), but it's a restaurant that's very easy to go unnoticed (it's so small and nondescript), which is why it never came to mind when I tried to remember the Japanese restaurants on that route. After posting my reply, I went to work and passed it by and almost didn't notice (again), but then suddenly I remembered: "Oh yeah, that might be the one!"

Maybe I should give it a try. I really like good rice. Mana Bu's, a place I go to a lot on my way to work, is just a block or so away. Great musubis!

Comment

Working...
            X