"Jurassic World" (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jurassic World" (2015)

I like how the official website of the movie is presented as a website for the theme park in the film. Park map, wait times, weather...

http://www.jurassicworld.com/

So far, getting better than average reviews from critics and the public...

"Critics Consensus: Jurassic World can't match the original for sheer inventiveness and impact, but it works in its own right as an entertaining -- and visually dazzling -- popcorn thriller."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jurassic_world/

Re: "Jurassic World" (2015)

This was a disappointing film. The story line of dinosaurs-alive has a built in jump on reality, but what the heck ..... it is Jurassic Park: 20 years later.

But the movie is mostly another run of the mill love story between a handsome, strong, nice Man and a smart, pretty, yet idiotic Woman. Suffice to say that the Woman spends the movie running through the theme park, and mud, and tropical forest, and over a waterfall, and swimming, and on and on and on, while she manages to never lose her high heal shoes.

The concept of attacking dinosaurs I can take. But the highheeled love story was too much for this viewer.

The 3D effects were not worth the added dollars. If you must see the movie, save a few dollars by not popping for 3D and get a refreshing Coke instead with the money.
    Last edited by Amati; June 22, 2015, 02:34 AM.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Amati, I have to agree with you about the ridiculous story line (and especially about the idiotic woman), but I liked it better than you did. It's one of those "go-for-a-ride-adventure-story-but-don't-think-about-it" movies. The dinosaurs were great, the Hawai‘i as a background visuals were fabulous, and there were enough laughs in it to keep me entertained. Not great, but I enjoyed the ride.

Comment

Perhaps I am too sidetracked by in the irksome portrayal of the female lead character being such a mental dullard, and the choice to add a bit of buzz to the movie via high heels. Maybe they figured to follow the theory of "even bad attention is good" if it brings more reviews and talk about the film.

My idea of a strong female lead run more along the lines of the character played by Charlize Theron in the new Mad Max movie.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Saw the 2-D version of this movie with a friend this morning at the Ward theater.

I couldn't understand the real reason why the rampaging custom built dinosaur was created in the first place. If it was meant as a park attraction then the building it was housed in seemed too small for it. Maybe I am misunderstanding it but if this dinosaur was meant as a weapon then it is too big to lug around to a battlefield.

Was having a problem with the escaped flying dinosaurs terrorizing the park goers. I can understand these flying dinosaur being able to grab a small kid but not an adult.

Comment

Working...
          X