Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rand Paul 2016

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    But as far as LOOKING Presidential, and for many that actually matters (therefore it does), this is once where Trump got it right.
    Other than maybe TuNeL, I doubt any Paul supporters have delved that deep into his recent past to know he's a totally cooked goose. That he somehow can't know this of himself say's he's not Presidential.
    When did “being Presidential” mean giving up and letting King Trump ascend to his throne? We need a simple yet important of message of fiscal responsibility, liberty, justice and international diplomacy (a.k.a. PEACE) to continue to compete with Trump’s message of prejudice and double-speak.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Rand Paul 2016

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      When did “being Presidential” mean giving up
      when it's plain as day what is obvious, but I guess you're dedicated to going down with him. In memory of Yogi, of all them he was always the one guy that never had a chance the most!

Fiorina is just going going nuts; https://gma.yahoo.com/carly-fiorina-...151022308.html

Rubio and Graham can be there at the end, maybe with a battered Jeb if the $ holds out, but it's a whole year to go! And the Romney's are already salivating...
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: GOP debates '15

geez, Jeb! is getting hammered by Trump, and the Bush camp is frantic to find an escape. Despite a $100 mil campaign war chest and the big boys backing him Jeb! might not make it to next year if they can't staunch the blood flow.

Comment

HAHAHA! What a zoo of insanity full of inanity Wed. nite was, these idiots were at some Coney Island asylum raging the clown bumper car ride on steroids, but fun as hell to watch. It almost turned into a glorious cage match food fight. And the CNBC mods were equally nuts sending the cons both on stage and in the audience right over the edge of their flat Earth with outrageous questioning, it was priceless! This is by far the best silly season I've witnessed, and that's saying a lot. The GOP flipped out over the moderators, but they asked for CNBC, and got it, royal.
          Cruz and Rubio came out best just because the other mostly fizzled, like Carson and Jeb!. Christie maybe got a mini bump while Car-lie and Trump treaded water, Kasich is forgettable, and Rand must be freaking out, he's dead but won't lay down!
          Pre comedy hour, we had a hilarious kerfuffle about dressing rooms, Trump of course had a plush layout, Car-lie had a hot tub, etc., while Christie and Paul had dingy broom closets with a hard chair, mirror, and toilet.
          You couldn't write this or make it up.

Comment

I feel a connection with Ben Carson since Trump called him a 7th Day Adventist. I don't know anything about Adventist doctrine, but there is an Adventist church just a block from where I live, and I stayed a week at Castle Medical Center, once, and that is run (very well) by the Adventists.
            Greg

Comment

you won't once you learn much more about him, like the Earth is 5,000 yrs. old and 100% no abortion, for starters. He's going nowhere but home.
              How any of these goofs can garner a second of consideration is beyond me.

the forgotten Huckabee got in a word for his tie last nite... and will stick around for book sales.

Comment

you won't once you learn much more about him, like the Earth is 5,000 yrs. old and 100% no abortion, for starters. He's going nowhere but home.
                How any of these goofs can garner a second of consideration is beyond me.
                Did you realize that lots of people believe that a god of the ancient Hebrews created the earth a fairly short time ago (in geologic time)? If the Hebrews had known about nuclear fusion, they could have made up a more plausible story.

And if you actually thought that human babies in the womb had been infused with immortal souls, maybe you would also be unenthusiastic about abortion.

I take it you're not a Republican primary or caucus voter?
                Greg

Comment

SNL can just show Wednesday's GOP debate on their show.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                    Did you realize that lots of people believe that a god of the ancient Hebrews created the earth a fairly short time ago (in geologic time)? If the Hebrews had known about nuclear fusion, they could have made up a more plausible story.

And if you actually thought that human babies in the womb had been infused with immortal souls, maybe you would also be unenthusiastic about abortion.

I take it you're not a Republican primary or caucus voter?
                    ''lot's of people'' in this case still represents a vast few and fading minority.

I hate abortion.

I thot the world HT world knew that!

Comment

Christie maybe got a mini bump while Car-lie and Trump treaded water, Kasich is forgettable, and Rand must be freaking out, he's dead but won't lay down!
                      Pre comedy hour, we had a hilarious kerfuffle about dressing rooms, Trump of course had a plush layout, Car-lie had a hot tub, etc., while Christie and Paul had dingy broom closets with a hard chair, mirror, and toilet.
                      You don’t like Rand Paul. I think most of us get that. But he is far from dead. As I mentioned in my previous post, Paul is the ONLY candidate to have won ANYTHING. To reiterate: “Published” polls don’t mean anything. All that matters are primaries and caucuses. This is the electoral process. If you want to go by polls, Kasich, Santorum, Gilmore, Graham and Pataki all consistently poll lower than Paul. You don’t see any of them dropping out, do you?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

You don’t like Rand Paul.
                        Well, I like Rand Paul. In interviews, he answers questions and makes sense, unlike the rest of the field. He seems to be a person of integrity. I wouldn't vote for him, but I listen to what he says.
                        Greg

Comment

You don’t like Rand Paul
                          I don't dislike the guy... other than he aligns himself with republicans, he's been one of the rare adults in a room full of weirdos. I'm merely taking in his chances, which as I stated before were 0 before he entered based on his many statements that would be used against him to deadly effect. And publicly, he's viewed as invisible now. Even he was freaking out last week as the forgotten man, saying he's in it til the election. You'll have your shot with him, he and a few / many others will stubbornly stay in there and we'll see what the voting market says at nomination time.
                          I think the whole thing is a glorious mess for the cons, Trump is fouling the water big time and has driven the field way down. They typically do that to themselves and this time Trump is the engine, but as soon as he bails they'll pounce on each other with even more absurdities at the cost of the party and election, just like always. 8 more debates!
                          Cruz thinks he's gonna score when Trump splits
                          Plus, the Romney's are drooling as they lurk at the edges, they'll jump in if there's even a slim chance.
                          Christie had a good nite but he wants to prosecute everything on the planet, he turns too many off.
                          There really is nobody suitable at present for the cons to have a shot, they're all forked.
                          And to top it off, Sanders is getting eyed by a lot of dispirited cons, it's a wild one!

Comment

Then there's Christie's nasty hypocrisy on a person's food intake and shopping choices / abilities when he wants to limit where and how poor people spend money on food stamps. ''We want to be sure they are making appropriate choices.'', say's the 400 pounder who had his massive junkfood bills paid off recently to avoid BBQgate.
                            http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...es=og.comments

Comment

Rand Paul leads the field

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                              Well, I like Rand Paul. In interviews, he answers questions and makes sense, unlike the rest of the field. He seems to be a person of integrity.
                              And that, apparently, matters to quite a few participants in the numerous straw polls held this year. Leading the field with the most wins is none other than Rand Paul — who so far has won twelve (12) different contests. A close second is Ben Carson with 10. I don’t pay any mind to “the Donald.” The guy hasn’t won a SINGLE straw poll. Not one. Clearly, he is nothing more than a media darling whose time is coming to a close.

It is hilarious, though, that political novices like Ron Whitfield believe that a survey taken by CNN or Fox News means anything when it comes to a candidate's “electoral chances.” These are national polls! There is no “national election” to choose the Republican nominee. The GOP hopeful is selected state by state. Primary by primary. Caucus by caucus. Clueless is as clueless is.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Rand Paul leads the field

Just like with this rail disaster, que up Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Dream...

All you need to know about the validity of anything here is ''A close second is Ben Carson with 10'' These people are nuts. Case closed.

I'm not even a political novice, and polls usually mean little to nothing, yet certain things are clear as day here to anyone, minus the denial loving delusionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X